peterr
AOL emails
  • 2005/12/19 1:08

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

Received this today .......

Quote:
We have noticed a change in the way that AOL is filtering their email and we want to make you aware of the situation because it might very well be directly affecting you or your clients.

AOL has seen fit to filter any emails that are generated by a PHP script. So, if you have a shopping cart or a forum that is written using PHP (which is most of them) and that script generates an email to a customer who has an @aol.com email address, they will most likely not receive it. This would also include PHP mail forms with AOL destinations.

There is very little that can be done for this. IF your script has SMTP support, I would encourage you to switch over to that method of sending mail as that should allow the mail to go through. Many scripts do not have this option built in, however.

If you have an AOL account and this disturbs you, then I
encourage you to call and voice your displeasure. If you have site visitors and they contact you regarding the lack of emails, then I suggest you first find out if they have an AOL account and if so, then encouraage them to complain as well.

This might affect some XOOPS sites.
NO to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard.
Sign the petition

Will_H
Re: AOL emails
  • 2005/12/19 3:11

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

AOL IS THE DEVIL

peterr
Re: AOL emails
  • 2005/12/20 3:26

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

NO to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard.
Sign the petition

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits