animlchin
It says File mainfile.php is writable and then Could not write into mainfile.php
  • 2005/12/15 20:56

• animlchin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/15

I have a shared hosting account on a Windows 2003 server.
It features:
PHP 5
MySQL 4

So my XOOPS site quit allowing people to register one day. I came to this site for help and it had been hacked. So I ripped it down and am now doing a clean install of XOOPS 2.2.3 Final. Well I have hit a brick wall. When I install it tells me that:
Quote:

Checking file and directory permissions..
Directory uploads/ is writable.
Directory cache/ is writable.
Directory templates_c/ is writable.
File mainfile.php is writable.

No errors detected.

But then two screens later at the top of the page I get:
Quote:
Warning: copy(../mainfile.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in d:\gearhost\hostingaccounts\hcaraway\www\intranet2\install\class\mainfilemanager.php on line 52

and then below that it says:
Quote:
Saving configuration data..
Could not write into mainfile.php. Please check the file permission and try again.

I am going to call my ISP and check the file permisions but even if they are wrong, this is very confusing. The installation should not tell me that all my permissions are good to go and then crap out two steps into the process.

animlchin
Re: It says File mainfile.php is writable and then Could not write into mainfile.php
  • 2005/12/15 21:31

• animlchin

• Just popping in

Well basiclly what happened is when it checked file and directory permissions, it came back with and told me: no errors detected

In realty, the file and directory permissions were wrong. I am not sure which ones but after going through and setting the following to world writeable: uploads/, cache/ and templates_c/ and the file mainfile.php

It worked. The Xoops-installation-file-and-directory permissions checker is faulty. Don't believe it.

animlchin
Re: It says File mainfile.php is writable and then Could not write into mainfile.php
  • 2005/12/16 23:44

• animlchin

• Just popping in

Now that everything is installed (I installed 2.0.13.2 and upgraded to 2.2) I am once again noticing that XOOPS is misreading the permission on mainfile.php"
Quote:
WARNING: File d:/xxxx/xxxx/xxxxx/www/intranet/mainfile.php is writeable by the server.
Please change the permission of this file for security reasons.
in Unix (444), in Win32 (read-only)

I am 100% positive that mainfile.php is read-only yet I still get this message. Now I am going to figure out how to remove it because it is annoying as hell.

westofhere
  • 2006/5/23 1:47

• westofhere

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/5/23

I have hit this same brick wall....argh.
Did you ever have any luck getting this figured out?

Login

Who's Online

493 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 493

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits