alisong
change the order of block on the page?
  • 2005/12/10 11:58

• alisong

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/9 1

I have created a custom block,and it appears at the bottom of the page after all the other blocks. Is it possible to move it to the top? I wondered if 'weight'had something to do with it,and played around but could not seem to make anything happen. So what is the 'weight' box?
many thanks
Alison

dickinsd
Re: change the order of block on the page?
  • 2005/12/10 12:15

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

The weight box dictates the location of a block in relation to the other blocks in the same area.

If all of your exisitng blocks have the default weight of 0 then any blocks you add with a weight of 0 will most likely just get shoved at the bottom.

Make sure that all exisiting blocks have a weighting, that may be the cause.

The higher the number, the further down the page the block should appear.

Also when making changes, make sure you clear your browser cache as your browser maybe showing you an older copy of your web page.

Dave

alisong
  • 2006/1/13 3:03

• alisong

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/9 1

thanks for this advice - it has given me much more control - obvious when you think about it.

bluejays6
  • 2006/4/2 14:43

• bluejays6

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/4/2 1

I did see your instructions, and I did add a weight number to each block, but the order still doesn't show the way I expect it to? Could it have something to do with that a few of the blocks are designated as 'left', some as 'center', and some as 'right'? Is this maybe overriding any weight changes that I make? Thanks for the help!

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits