jimbofoxman
Using the dreamweaver extension?

For those of you who have used it...

Basically the only way I can see it then is upload the CSS file and theme.html file backup to the server?

Or the other way is to setup a local install of XOOPS, with the server software (makes it think it's on a server) and test it that way?

I can temporarily point it to the Style.css file by adding a link in the file, then just edit it out when I upload it, but it doesn't show the links.

Guess I would have to setup a local server type setup to do it.

Does this all sound right?

I really just want to see the graphical representation of this in Dreamweaver.

DobePhat
Re: Using the dreamweaver extension?
  • 2005/12/7 17:14

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

Hi...here is another method for if you have patience.

Open up frontpage...Frontpage has the knack of copying images as well and the generated (though dirty) code.
copy your main page (the one that is live)
Save it.

Using Dreamweaver? Open your live page, view source copy and paste the source into a new dreamweaver page.
Save the file as Loal_tester or something.
Remove style references, make it so that it the style sheet of the theme folder you saved it in is attached.

Its like a breathing snapshot of your page.

Preview...you can get an idea of how the theme is looking.

THough certain spacial issues (Ive noticed block padding is not always accurate with frontpage, being more so with dreamweaver) are a bit different you can get an idea of the primary elements and use it as a quick and dirty way of testing out some style choices. Also if there are image references specific to that theme (such as a background image or so, it wont call those it will call the absolute urls you copied...you can change these or choose not to for testing purposes. Its a bit o work maybe but once you have a local rough test page for your theme its quite useful.

Particulary useful for the Main Menu, user menus, and the Blocks.

Styles that are specific to the themes style sheet (like sometimes a clever name is given for a td header) will have to be changed to the corresponding ones in the style sheet as well.

If there are elements added into theme.html of the theme you like you will have to add these to the test document. Though you can do this later.

Maybe not quite what you are looking for but: It's rough but
Either way its a great way to learn what controls what via the style sheet, etc.!

-

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits