patagon
Modify register page on XOOPS 2.23
  • 2005/12/5 18:26

• patagon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/1/8 0

Hi,

I want to modify the look of the register page [/xoops223/modules/profile/register.php] but I cant seem to find where this is...is it on a template? I tried modifying the php file itself (register.php) but I cant find where it writes the code.

Also, is there a way to have two pages on registration? I want users to input the essential data on one page (username, password) and the go to a page where they can fill optional info (like country, interests, etc) and then register (or skip this page and register with the essential data). maybe I dont need two pages but if so I would like to separate in any way (horizontal rule, another color, for example). is this possible?

thanks for any info

patagon
Re: Modify register page on XOOPS 2.23
  • 2005/12/6 3:06

• patagon

• Quite a regular

ok, a solution to number 2 would be asking only for the basic data on register page (username, password, email) and then when they finish the register process (after the page that shows your data and asks for confirmation) to send them to another page (right now it goes to main page) where I can place a link to 'edit profile'. can this be done? also, wouldnt it be better if after completing registration the user is logged in? if this isnt possible the login page would be better than how it works now (it goes to the mainpage)

patagon
  • 2005/12/6 20:12

• patagon

• Quite a regular

mmmm...up

Arowana
  • 2005/12/6 21:37

• Arowana

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/6 2

mmmmm administration, other, templates
Arowana

patagon
  • 2005/12/7 5:23

• patagon

• Quite a regular

thanks arowana, but I already figured that. the problem is I dont think the register part has a template (or I cant find it).

m0nty
  • 2005/12/7 6:34

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

the registration page is not templated, it's hardcoded unfortunately.

editing is pretty simple to an extent depending on exactly what you require it to do.

it is quite possible to add a 2nd page to the registration process, but it would definitely be easier to split the existing page by a horizontal rule as you suggested and have the extra fields displayed in a different colour.

of course you create the fields using the profile admin create field function.. and then you could probably add a different css class to those fields (not tried it, but is possible i'm sure) the work i did on the coppa registration involved lots of work on the registration files, so i'm quite familiar with it in some respects.

regarding logging user in after activation, i think it could be done, but i think it isn't for a reason (altho a dev maybe able to say more about that) i'd stay with it how it is at moment in my opinion..

but yes it would be possible to do the other things you ask.

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits