veaglarwen
only half of my users are showing up after upgrade
  • 2005/12/4 8:24

• veaglarwen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/2

I upgraded to 2.2.3a final tonight from 2.0.13. All went well except that XOOPS is only recognizing less than half of my members, which is causing issues with logging in.

I even tried the patch here:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=42854&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=10
And that didn't work.

here is my data:
Website URL:http://www.allisonmackonline.com
XOOPS Version: XOOPS 2.2.3 Final
XOOPS Theme: green
XOOPS Template Set: amocom
PHP Version: 4.4.1
MySQL Version: 4.0.25-standard
Server Software: Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
User's Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5

Any help on this? I have almost 2500 members who login to the site and its only recogniting 959 or them.

Mithrandir
Re: only half of my users are showing up after upgrade

Usually it is all-or-nothing...

Do you have direct access to the database through phpMyAdmin or similar?
If so, check the number of records in {prefix}_users and {prefix}_user_profile - they should be the same. If not, something went wrong during the upgrade.

I hope you have a backup of the pre-update database? We may have to do some manual fiddling with the user tables.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

veaglarwen
  • 2005/12/4 10:11

• veaglarwen

• Just popping in

I do have backups. I did a count in phpmyadmin. the xoops_users table has 2972 users.

http://www.allisonmackonline.com/modules/xoopsmembers/

that is only displaying 961 members. I'm aware that it wouldn't show all 2972 due to inactive members but there are definately not 2000 inactive members (probably more around 300 or so).

Mithrandir

how about the administration -> find users?

The xoopsmembers module is not compatible with XOOPS 2.2.3 - the Profile module is taking over the searching and displaying user profiles.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

veaglarwen
  • 2005/12/4 10:15

• veaglarwen

• Just popping in

the admin find users displays this:

(Active Users: 962 Inactive Users: 196)

Mithrandir

How many rows are there in xoops_user_profile table?

Cusix Software

veaglarwen
  • 2005/12/4 10:19

• veaglarwen

• Just popping in

only 1158 records

edit: which--heh--is the number of people showing up.

Mithrandir

OK, there's the problem, then.

does the xoops_users table still have the user_aim and user_yim columns?

Cusix Software

veaglarwen
  • 2005/12/4 10:24

• veaglarwen

• Just popping in

yes

Mithrandir

OK, something went wrong in the transfer of data from xoops_users to xoops_user_profile, but the good news is that the data is still there.

This is what you should do, then:

Run these commands in phpMyAdmin:
1. TRUNCATE xoops_user_profile;
2. INSERT INTO xoops_user_profile (profileid, user_icq, user_from, user_sig, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_occ, url, bio, user_intrest, umode, uorder, notify_method, notify_mode, user_regdate, posts, attachsig, timezone_offset, user_mailok, theme, actkey, last_login)
SELECT uid, user_icq, user_from, user_sig, user_viewemail, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_occ, url, bio, user_intrest, umode, uorder, notify_method, notify_mode, user_regdate, posts, attachsig, timezone_offset, user_mailok, theme, actkey, last_login FROM xoops_users;

And note any errors that may come up

Cusix Software

Login

Who's Online

197 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 197

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits