Sharlenwar
SMTP Issues...
  • 2005/12/2 10:32

• Sharlenwar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/5

It seems that no matter what I do, I can't configure XOOPS to use SMTP, yet my phpBB forums use SMTP, and there are no problems with it.

Any idea as to why this would be?

Xoops Version: 2.0.13.1

NOTE: My webhost disabled the sendmail() for php, so that is why I'm looking at setting up the SMTP.

JMorris
Re: SMTP Issues...
  • 2005/12/2 12:51

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Which email provider are you trying to use? How are you setting up SMTP? Does your provider require authentication? Have you tried SMTPAuth?

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Sharlenwar
Re: SMTP Issues...
  • 2005/12/3 6:24

• Sharlenwar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/5

I've setup an email through my web domain. One called mailer-noreply@demuria.com for example.

Then, when setting it up, I put in the from with that email, I put in the domain mail.demuria.com (my phpBB forums work with www.demuria.com for the email with SMTP). And I've tried both, SMTP and SMTPAuth.

I understand phpBB is different, but why would their SMTP work over Xoops? With phpBB I fill in the domain, email, userid for the email, and password, and no hitches. When I try everything I could with Xoops, it sends emails to emails setup within my domain no problem, but as soon as it tries to send it to emails outside of the domain, it gives me a send error.

I'll try playing around with it today, but is there a more detailed FAQ or Tutorial at how to setup SMTP? I've done searches and found a few bits here and there, but nothing really concrete.

Thanks for any and all help.

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits