Tobias
Google, id=XXX, and userinfo.php
  • 2005/11/28 0:51

• Tobias

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/13

I know there're zillions of threads on optimizing module URLs in XOOPS, but I have two questions I couldn't find an answer for. The situation: I'm not sure I want to fuzz with the URLs if not absolutely necessary, so I'm trying to figure out whether it might be necessary.

I've read:
Quote:
Don't use "&id=" as a parameter in your URLs, as we don't include these pages in our index

athttp://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html, and I was wondering whether that meant they're also not indexing pages with "id=" in the URL, which is the case with pages from the Content module. So my question: Anyone has a page with the Content module installed and could check whether their content module pages are indexed in Google?

Second, unrelated question: If you bring up the URLs Google has indexed from this very website (xoops.org), you'll see tons and tons and tons and tons of pages from userinfo.php. Or in other words, we're all indexed with our user profiles Yet, that's not what I would consider the most relevant information in my site. Is there an easy way to avoid that from happening? For instance by modifying robots.txt so that it specifically excludes userinfo.php?
www.affvu.org

Login

Who's Online

245 user(s) are online (164 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 245

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits