marknoten
module security
  • 2005/11/27 14:40

• marknoten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/24

Dear,

I configured that webmasters, anonymous and registered users can view the forums. But when I don't log in and want to enter the forum page it says that I don't have permissions to access that area and I'm redirected.

You can see the behavior onhttp://www.itfc.be/modules/newbb/

I've got the same problems with other modules. I tried to alter the xoops_group_permission but I can't find out the right group permission names.

Best regards,

Mark Noten

gestroud
Re: module security
  • 2005/11/27 14:57

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

The forums module won't let anyone access it until forum topics and categories have been created. It works the same for some other modules also.

marknoten
  • 2005/11/27 20:55

• marknoten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/24

Well I already made and configured some categories and forums. They are all configured so that anonymous users have viewing rights.

So that can't be it.

gestroud
  • 2005/11/27 22:14

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Tried to register on your site to check the situation out, but got this message:

You are now registered. However, we were unable to send the activation mail to your email account due to an internal error that had occurred on our server. We are sorry for the inconvenience, please send the webmaster an email notifying him/her of the situation.

I notice that your forum and your article sections aren't accessible through your main menu, only the top menu. I know you said that you tried to edit the xoops_group_permission table, but have you checked group permissions in your admin section under Users-->Groups ? Or are you using the Multimenu module to just display certain sections on your Main Menu? Because if you aren't using multimenu and/or it isn't a custom block or you haven't set the modules weight to zero, those modules' should be visible on your Main Menu to anonymous users.

Login

Who's Online

170 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 170

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits