JMorris
phpsitemapsNG troubleshooting
  • 2005/11/22 15:22

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

In reference to support requests posted in the phpsitemapNG for XOOPS, I've opened this Forum topic so we can discuss problems here, where it is more appropriate.

Quote:

Dona_Brasil wrote:

As I had just installed and configured the non-Xoops version of phpsitemapPNG when you launched it as a XOOPS Module, it took a while before I felt like installing it. Today, I finally installed it but instead of the message 'installation succesfull' I received the message that it was unable to write to the main menu.

I tried to update but I recieved the same message:

Quote:
failed open fileModule data updated.

Unable to write to main menu.

Rebuilding blocks...

Module phpSitemapNG updated successfully.

Details of my website:
- XOOPS STATS 0.60 (made inactive during installation of phpsitemapsNG)
- XOOPS protector (made inactive during installation of phpsitemapsNG
- XOOPS Multilanguages 2.4 (=XOOPS 2.0.13.2) with Smartlanguage
- iContent
- SmartSection 1.04
- Weblinks
- NewsBB
- News
- Polls
- PHP Version 4.3.11
- Server: Apache

The old , nonxoops phpsitemapPNG was removed before installation.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of what could be causing your problem. Perhaps some PHP Debug output will shed some light on things.

Please turn on PHP Debug, try to install the module and post any warnings or errors here. Notices are not as important.

Thanks,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Dona_Brasil
Re: phpsitemapsNG troubleshooting

Thanks for your advise and thanks for the promotion of Brazil's export:

Resized Image

I now suspect that the problem dates from before installing the Xoopsversion of phpsitemapsNG as the bugs were related to XOOPS Statistics 0.60. Installing a new module only made them visible. I remember vagely that I accedentely used a wrong sequence when I followed the update manual of the statistics module. Everything looked normal after updating it so I did not care until I saw that the error messages of phpsitemaps were all related to XOOPS Stats

Anyway, I removed XOOPS Stats and installed pnpsitemapsNG again which -at first sight- seemed to work normally now. However, I got a whole series of eror warnings when crawling. Most but not all of them were related to phpsitemapsNG:

Quote:
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant PSNG_CRAWLER_MAX_FILESIZE - assumed 'PSNG_CRAWLER_MAX_FILESIZE' in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/classes/Crawler.class.php line 14
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant PSNG_CRAWLER_MAX_GETFILE_TIME - assumed 'PSNG_CRAWLER_MAX_GETFILE_TIME' in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/classes/Crawler.class.php line 15
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant SCRIPT_URL - assumed 'SCRIPT_URL' in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/startup.php line 34
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: SCRIPT_URL in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/startup.php line 34
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant SCRIPT_NAME - assumed 'SCRIPT_NAME' in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/startup.php line 36
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant SCRIPT_NAME - assumed 'SCRIPT_NAME' in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/startup.php line 36
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant SCRIPT_NAME - assumed 'SCRIPT_NAME' in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/startup.php line 37
Notice [PHP]: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/functions/functions.inc.php line 92
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: debug in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/functions/functions.inc.php line 116
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: debug in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/functions/functions.inc.php line 120
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: debug in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/functions/functions.inc.php line 29
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: debug in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/functions/functions.inc.php line 29
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: action in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/functions/functions.inc.php line 152
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: resetSettings in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/functions/functions.inc.php line 154
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant SCRIPT_FILENAME - assumed 'SCRIPT_FILENAME' in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/functions/settings.inc.php line 23
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant SCRIPT_FILENAME - assumed 'SCRIPT_FILENAME' in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/functions/settings.inc.php line 23
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant SCRIPT_URL - assumed 'SCRIPT_URL' in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/functions/settings.inc.php line 23
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: SCRIPT_URL in file modules/phpsitemap/admin/inc/functions/settings.inc.php line 23
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant XOOPS_ML_LINK - assumed 'XOOPS_ML_LINK' in file include/cp_functions.php line 159

Again, I suspect that phpsitemapsNG is not the problem as the non-xoops version of it is running perfectly. Besides, XOOPS Stats did not install again as some table was already present. Making this a beginners question: what should I do next? Or better: for what information should I search as I did not have any bugs before?

JMorris
  • 2005/11/24 13:36

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Sorry for the slow reply.

As a general rule, NOTICES are not necessarily anything to worry about. If you've got PHP Debug turned on, you'll probably see a list like that on most modules. Since I only "ported" phpSitemeapNG to XOOPS, there isn't a whole lot I can do about it's core coding.

There is a new release of phpsitemapNG that I will be updating this module with as soon as I have some spare time. Perhaps this will address some issues.

As far as the failed installation because of the existing database table goes.... Uninstall the module. Open your database in a tool like phpMyAdmin and look for any instance of phpsitemap in the tables (left window pane). If there is a table there, drop it. Then try reinstalling the module. Make sure that you turn PHP Debug off before running the module the first time. If you still have problems, turn it back on and see if there are any WARNING or ERROR messages. If there are, please post them here.

I'm finding it very strange that this script will work as a standalone, but as soon as you "wrap" it's pages inside the XOOPS admin, it starts having problems on some systems. Puzzling.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Dona_Brasil

Here is my slow respons...

I've been experimenting for quite a while. In order to separate the problem of phpsitemapsNG from some general problem of my site I installed a number of other modules in the phpdebug mode. I used models that should not cause any problems like the headlines module. Sometimes I had to delete some tables but I was not able to find the common denominator of the problems that occurred. But then, having installed the headlines module one more time I noticed that most problems had disappeared like snow on a Brazilian beach. I probably will never discover what caused these problems but they are over now.

I installed phpsitemapsNG again and this time it seems to work almost fine. One problem however remained: the XOOPS version of phpsitemapsNG does not save my settings, my non-Xoops installation does. As I am the only one with this problem, I'll wait untill the next version (I have a non-xoops phpsitemapNG anyway). If more people have this problem, I can share information with those who want to make a new version.

JMorris
  • 2005/12/6 11:22

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Dona_Brasil,

Thank you for your report. I'm quite tied up with college finals this and next week, but once they are over, I'll be releasing the next version. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

James

Dona_Brasil

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
Dona_Brasil,

Thank you for your report. I'm quite tied up with college finals this and next week, but once they are over, I'll be releasing the next version. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

James

Thanks for your support and success with your college finals!

stelian
  • 2006/3/21 14:50

• stelian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/17

Sorry, please delete this post.

banuanda
  • 2010/9/8 13:15

• banuanda

• Just popping in

• Since: 2010/9/8 1

I'm glad that is a way to generate both a Google compatible sitemap in XML format and a plain text sitemap for Yahoo with phpSitemapNG.

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits