spidersilk
User registrations not being saved
  • 2005/11/19 23:29

• spidersilk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/10

Hello,

I'm new to Xoops, but in the process of setting it up on three different sites (which is probably technically a symptom of some kind of insanity, but let's not go there just yet). Anyway, on the site I'm primarily focussing on right now, I've run into a problem with user registration.

I asked the site owner to have a couple of the writers for the site who want to start uploading content register as new users, and then I would put them into the Contributors group I created so that they would have access to post articles.

She registered herself first, and sent me the username she used, but when I went in to try and change her group designation, she wasn't in there. Not when I searched under her username in Find Users, not when I submitted a blank Find Users form to see if anyone other than the main account was registered, and not when I checked the users table in phpMyAdmin. No users than the admin account exist.

I asked if she had gotten any kind of error message, but she said no, as far as she could tell everything had gone OK. She had just gotten a "thank you for registering" type message.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going wrong here? I'm using XOOPS 2.0.13.2 in case that's relevant.

Thanks,

Lynna

dickinsd
Re: User registrations not being saved
  • 2005/11/20 0:19

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

She may not have clicked on the button that says finish right at the end of the registration process.

In this case the user details are note saved to the db.

Can you include a link so that one or more of us can try to sign up?

Dave

Login

Who's Online

286 user(s) are online (176 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 286

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits