gestroud
Making Money With Amazon.com
  • 2005/11/15 18:47

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I've been using a free Amazon.com cgi script by a fellow named MrRat.

It works nicely with XOOPS static content modules like cjay-content and i-content. Here's an example of it in action.

Once the script is set up in your cgi-bin, just navigate to it in your browser, choose a category and copy the url.

Create a new page containing an i-frame on your site to hold the copied url page and upload it to your server.

Set the new page up in cjay-content or i-content.

Works fairly well and is moderately profitable. $60 last month.

--------------------

In addition, Amazon has multiple XML feeds that anyone can incorporate into their sites using xhld. To earn money, you would need to

1. sign up as an Amazon.com associate

2. Apply for an Amazon.com Web Developer's Key

Once you've applied, you'll receive an associate's id. and a web developers token. Using

the associate's id and the web developer's token to create your XML link. Simply:

1. Copy the url of the XML feed you want to use, e.g.:

http: //xml.amazon.com/onca/xml3?mode=books&bcm=Books%3A%20Audiocassettes&t=webservices-20&dev-t=amznRss&type=lite&page=1&ct=text/xml&sort=+salesrank&f=http://xml.amazon.com/xsl/xml-rss091.xsl&BrowseNodeSearch=44

You would place your Amazon.com associate's id in the section in RED. Your developer's key would be entered in the BLUE section.

From there, just set your new url up in xhld. It will produce a standard newsfeed with the best-selling Amazon products in the category you chose. I understand that there is some flexibility in the way the RSS feed may be displayed, but I haven't experimented with it yet.

jfmoore
Re: Making Money With Amazon.com
  • 2005/11/18 22:47

• jfmoore

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/6/6 5

Thanks for the post!

gestroud
Re: Making Money With Amazon.com
  • 2005/11/19 6:07

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

You're welcome. Hope the info's useful.

Login

Who's Online

455 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 455

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits