Poslanik
Site slogan on all pages.
  • 2005/11/9 18:40

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

I'm just wondering how (if possible) do I make the site slogan available to all pages of XOOPS site. And by all I mean all modules pages, everything. The reason I'm asking this is because I got AMS as my homepage module so members can read news right away. Well, now instead of my site slogan it says Articles. Those who're not sure what I'm talking about, site slogan is additional text which appears in your browser window name (like Support Forums here, right after Official XOOPS Website which is the name of the site).

cgunther
Re: Site slogan on all pages.
  • 2005/11/9 18:45

• cgunther

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/27

Yeah, I dealt with this too. I ended up hard coding into the theme file, and added some creative renaming of modules like "Content" to "Organizational Information"
"Your motherboard wears Army chips"

Poslanik
  • 2005/11/10 18:56

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

So you can't tell me which lines to change or something like that? :(

#OOPS#, this is really a big downside to XOOPS imo, because site slogans give your site a lot of page rank. Plus, it looks stupid.

tripmon
  • 2005/11/10 18:57

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

drop a graphic into your ACTIVE theme.html file inside:

themes/whteverthemeyouareusing/

Poslanik
  • 2005/11/11 14:58

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

How does that relate to site slogan? Could you be more specific please?

Poslanik
  • 2005/11/15 8:45

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

Could I get a reply? I really need this.

jdseymour

If you are using AMS, why not use the excellent spotlight block included instead of the module as your front page. The page title should be an actual description of the page you are viewing. On my site My slogan shows on the front page, because I use all blocks on the front page. As you go deeper into my site the title of the module and subject becomes the title of the page, as it should.

HTH.

Poslanik
  • 2005/11/15 17:14

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

I'm using AMS as my frontpage module. Why? So my visitors can see the news, I have no idea what spotlight is, what it does, but I do know you can't put that as your frontpage.

Btw, I'm talking about the frontpage module which you set in site preferences. I know you can put any module on it though.

Another btw, how did you setup for your AMS module page (.../module/AMS)to display a list of topics and their latest articles and not the ones you published on homepage?

Login

Who's Online

104 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 104

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits