toolsmythe
Playing Catch-up and Stubbed My Toe
  • 2005/11/8 6:22

• toolsmythe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/27

I'm behind on my upgrades and decided to try to get caught up tonight.

I'm currently running XOOPS 2.0.9.2 and tried applying the 2.0.9.2 to 2.0.9.10 patch. I have a custom block on my main page and I also have a block for piCal 0.60 (I know, also woefully out of date <sigh>). Both of these blocks failed to render. The frames for them were there, but they were empty.

I turned on various levels of debugging; didn't see any errors.

I took a backup prior to applying the patch and have successfully backed out.

Can anybody point me in the right direction on where things have gone oblong?

Thanks,

JP

toolsmythe
Re: Playing Catch-up and Stubbed My Toe
  • 2005/11/19 17:17

• toolsmythe

• Just popping in

<blow><blow>Is this thing on? I know you're out there, I can hear you all breathing ....

JP

zimmi88
  • 2005/11/19 17:56

• zimmi88

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

hmm... well, that's odd...

did you try updating the system module after you installed the new files on your server?

-zimmi88 =)
"Need coffee, keep away..."

toolsmythe
  • 2006/6/9 9:03

• toolsmythe

• Just popping in

OK, I had to give up and drop back to 2.0.9.2 and have left it there till now.

I'm ready to tackle this anew, so I've re-applied th 2.0.9.2 to 2.0.10 upgrade.

I'm back to where I left off - the custom HTML block on main page is not rendering, nor is the piCal mini-block.

The Custom Block has an HTML table and two javascript blocks - one at the begining and one at the end.

In it's original form I cannot even preview it. Instead of getting the pop-up window I get a partial rendering at the end of the admin page for this block that includes a bunch of ill-formed win.document.writeln(" statements ( they all cut off at the '("' ).

It looked to me initially like the commenting-out of the javascript ( <!-- --> ) in my block text was throwing this for a loop so I removed all the javascript.

When I do this, the good news is I am then able to preview it and it shows up fine in the pop-up. The bad news is when I save it, the block still will not render. I've stripped out almost all of the text between the td tags and it still won't render when I save it.

Has something changed with how the Custom Block (HTML) renders in 2.0.10?

I'm willing to write-off the piCal issue as my needing to upgrade my version of piCal, but the Custom Block (HTML) is core.

Any thoughts on what's wrong and what I can do about it?

As always, any help is much appreciated.

JP

jdseymour

See my XOOPS system upgrade Flash Tutorial it shows an actual 2.0.9.2 to 2.0.10 upgrade. See if you missed any steps.

toolsmythe
  • 2006/6/9 9:32

• toolsmythe

• Just popping in

That did it!! Thank you *SO* much. It even fixed the problem with the piCal block!!

I did not know about having to update the system module after the copy-over (to be fair, zimmi88 mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I didn't understand what that meant), nor did I know about having to re-gen the templates.

Thanks for that great tutorial!!

Odd though, the preview of the HTML Block is still messed up, but it renders just fine in the block.

You are my hero or heroin!!

jp

toolsmythe
  • 2006/6/23 7:11

• toolsmythe

• Just popping in

I ran into a problem on my post-upgrade to version 2.0.13.2 that points out that there is still something about the upgrade process I don't understand.

I have a cloned template set that I use on my site. I noticed a few days ago that I could no longer register or unregister requests for notifications (like a request to be notified of a post to a forum).

I traced it to a call to $GLOBALS['xoopsSecurity']->check() returning "true" and redirecting the page before doing an update. This happens in notification_update.php.

Ultimately, the problem turned out to be that the system_notification_select.html template was changed as part of the upgrade to include a hidden field:

<input type="hidden" name="XOOPS_TOKEN_REQUEST" value="<{php}>echo $GLOBALS['xoopsSecurity']->createToken();<{/php}>" />

For some reason (and it may well be by design - here's where my ignorance comes in) these changes were not propagated to my clone set. I copied the template in question over to my clone set and now all is right as rain, but this has me concerned there may be other differences in other templates that didn't make it over.

Did I miss another step? I reviewed your tutorial yet again and I did everything there including generating the missing templates in my cloned set.

What did I miss?

JP

skenow
  • 2006/6/23 12:46

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

Go to Administration -> System -> Templates -> System. Then delete the templates that apply to notifications and regenerate them. Then you should be good to go.

One thing to remember about a cloned template set - as updates come out, either system or modules, the new templates go into the default template set. To update your custom templates, you will need to delete your custom template files and regenerate them.

jdseymour

Also here is a great too by GIJOE, tplsadmin 1.01.

It is kind of a blocksadmin for templates.
It will visually show diffs in files and templates:

Quote:
SUMMARY:

A module should be replaced "template manager" in system module.

I've made this module for recovering the features should be gifted in original DB template system.

I recommend tplsadmin module to all xoopsers with confidence.

DESCRIPTION:

- No hacks needed
- Easy to see differences of templates wholely
- Show "diff" from default or file
- Easy to copy&delete from any DB-set/file to any DB-set
- Easy to find the name of the target template (HTML comment or div border)
- Easy to edit the template just click links named the template in front side
- Generate specifications for template's variables dynamically as Dreamweaver Extension
- You can preview the site just by edit the template files (mainfile patch needed)

toolsmythe
  • 2006/6/25 17:56

• toolsmythe

• Just popping in

Got it. Thanks!!

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (107 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits