leebrendalee
Xgallery pictures are like negative effect

I'm trying Xgallery because I've tried two other ones and none work...obviously it's my fault...however, I was at least able to get to first base with xgallery but the problem is my pictures aren't looking normal..they are faded, dark, almost like a negative effect and none of the orginals are like this...Anyone else having this problem...

highlander
Re: Xgallery pictures are like negative effect
  • 2005/11/3 10:46

• highlander

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/5

Hi Leebrandalee,

this is caused by trying to use a method to resize images which isnt supported by your server properly.

In the xcgal options there are 4 ways to resize images :
- Image Magick
- netpbm
- GD version 1.x
- GD version 2.x

One of these four will probably work for you.
Try them out (one at a time) and upload a picture to see if the resizing works correctly.
I believe your best bet is with GD version 2.x as I believe that is the most common on servers these days.

good luck !

greetings Highlander
So, I'm in the park wondering why frisbees get larger as they get closer when suddenly, it hits me...
www.AnimalPedigree.com

leebrendalee

ok.thanks for the information...too much work though..I'd rather find out why the other programs don't work..I've uploaded those same pictures lots of times not prob

wcrwcr
  • 2005/11/4 0:29

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi
Agree
Quote:
I believe your best bet is with GD version 2.x as I believe that is the most common on servers these days.

Did you try it?

leebrendalee

Did I Try GD? to resize pictures.......nope..I'm at work......can't try until the wee hours of the morning..but I shouldn't have to resize because they always worked with other cms programs...I think the problem is my install of the cms anyway..i'm messed something up.............thanks for info

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (168 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits