dleewo
Where do I find XoopsHeadline
  • 2005/11/1 13:06

• dleewo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/16

I'm looking for a module/block so I can display RSS feeds on my website. After some searching, I've seen that XoopsHeadline is supposed to be part of XOOPS 2. Is that correct?

The reason I ask is that I installed XOOPS 2.2.3a, but it's not there. I checked a few of the community packs, but I couldn't find this module.

I did a search on Google, but while I've found references to it, none show up on the xoops.org site except in the forums.

Where can I get XoopsHeadline and is this the recommended module for displaying RSS feeds (I see there are others in the modules repository, but if there is an "official" module, I would prefer to use that)

Thanks
Derek

gestroud
Re: Where do I find XoopsHeadline
  • 2005/11/1 15:29

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Try the xhld module for displaying RSS. It's a lot more versatile:
https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=84&lid=1437

dleewo
  • 2005/11/1 16:03

• dleewo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/16

Quote:

gestroud wrote:
Try the xhld module for displaying RSS. It's a lot more versatile:
https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=84&lid=1437

I saw xhld in the repository and considered using it (and may still do so), but I thought XOOPS had a more "official" module called XoopsHeadline and if so, I would at least like to try that one first and then decide if it's not adequate for what I want and then move on to a 3rd party module.

TottoBG
  • 2005/11/1 21:22

• TottoBG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/8/18

As i know 'xoopsheadlines' hasn't been developed for a really long time and the 'xhld' fork is a newer one. At least, when i looked for a rss displaying module in XOOPS project page on sourceforge.net found only 'xhld' and not 'xoopsheadlines' there. And 'xhld' is working good as I'm using it.
dleewo, it's really difficult talking about "official" XOOPS modules don't think there could be such a thing.. As all the modules are developed by some devs around the project, but different of the core team with some small exceptions.

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits