Poslanik
Can't update a theme.
  • 2005/10/29 15:35

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

Hello,

I got this theme problem. I've downloaded one from the themes library and used it. Then I tried modifying it a bit (just adding some text nothing much). After I did that I uploaded the theme.html into that themes directory on my web server and nothing changed when viewed it again.

I tried deleting the whole folder and then uploading it again with the modified html file but nothing. I tried many things but nothing seems to work. The best part is that when I open the source code of theme.html in my ftp program I see it's been modified but when I look at the code in the browser it's not.

My guess is that when I uploaded the theme folder for the first time it's been recorded in the database or something like that. Help :/

exbanious
Re: Can't update a theme.
  • 2005/10/29 15:55

• exbanious

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/30

delete the theme file in the templates_c directory.
it should look something like this
"%%2F^2FE^2FE3BDD0%%theme.html.php"

also, while your testing the theme, go into your system preferences\general preferences\
and turn on "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory".

just turn it off when your done.

nachenko
Re: Cant update a theme.
  • 2005/11/4 9:55

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

I have same problem changing a theme file for the center blocks. The site is not using default theme. I delete the file, and the system rebuilds it.

Quote:
<?php /* Smarty version 2.6.5-dev, created on 2005-11-04 10:55:54
compiled from default/blocks/theme_blockcenter_c.html */ ?>

The problem is that, as i said, the theme in the site is NOT default. I only use default for administration, for the site i use another theme called "ecro2006".

batdevis
  • 2005/11/4 14:15

• batdevis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/16

Quote:

nachenko wrote:
I have same problem changing a theme file for the center blocks. The site is not using default theme. I delete the file, and the system rebuilds it.

Quote:
<?php /* Smarty version 2.6.5-dev, created on 2005-11-04 10:55:54
compiled from default/blocks/theme_blockcenter_c.html */ ?>

The problem is that, as i said, the theme in the site is NOT default. I only use default for administration, for the site i use another theme called "ecro2006".

open your theme.html file and search for
<{include file="default/blocks/theme_blockcenter_c.html"}>

if you find it, change the line with
<{include file="ecro2006/blocks/theme_blockcenter_c.html"}>
Devis_

nachenko
  • 2005/11/7 9:50

• nachenko

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/18

Thanks a lot. BTW, i fixed it a much less elegant way: renamed "ECRO2006" theme to "default", and "default" to "administrator". Your way is much cleaner, thanks.

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits