fosterm
Missing Blocks- Any Solution Found?
  • 2005/10/14 1:46

• fosterm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/7 2

Hi all

(using XOOPS 2.2.3 and have had 0 problems until this)

I have searched these forums and have found similar problems to the one I am having but have yet to see a solution.

I was moving my copy of my test site to my home directory(they are both on the same shared server). So, I copied my directories over to the home location. Downloaded the database info from my test site and uploaded it to the home site.

Tried to access my home site and front page came up with no blocks on the page. Theme was there and OK but no blocks. I then went to double check my test site. My test site also had no block on the front page.

My test site was working fine just before I downloaded the database info from my test site.

So I uploaded my backup of my home directory that I had made just prior to starting the transfer. Unfortunately I get the same results, still no blocks.

When I say no blocks I mean no blocks. I go to Admin--> Blocks, and there is not one block listed in the block list. If I try to make a new block I get this error

Quote:
SELECT * FROM test_block_instance ORDER BY visible ASC, side ASC, weight ASC
Error number: 1146
Error message: Table 'prefix_test site.test_block_instance' doesn't exist
( 0.000291)

Almost forgot to mention. I have a menu that is theme based(theme.html) that runs across the top of the website. That menu still functions properly. All the module data seems to be there just no blocks.

Anyone come up with a solution for this. Or can anyone give me a clue on what I should do next.

This is very frustrating. I had my site very close to going live and now I have a useless site.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.thewoodlandsmonitor.com/testsite

Thanks
Foz

fosterm
Re: Missing Blocks- Any Solution Found?
  • 2005/10/14 16:27

• fosterm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/7 2

Luckily a complete restore of a previous backup by my hosting company fixed my problem.

Problem is I am not for sure what caused the problem in the first place.

I will attempt the move again. If I run into the same problem will post again :)

Foz

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits