rdalton
I've got a bone!
  • 2005/10/8 15:48

• rdalton

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/29

Well I love the layout and functionality of xoops, now if I can just get it to cooperate :)
On the fontpage (www.hyipnet.com) there is nothing except:
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/common.php line 223
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 819
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 819
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/blockinstance.php line 169
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/block.php line 179

I was able to log in just after installation into admin and the same was on the bottom of every page in admin. when I logged out and went to front page, there was nothing except the template frame and the list above.

Any ideas?

JMorris
Re: I've got a bone!
  • 2005/10/8 17:27

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

These are PHP notices, which shouldn't interfere with your site operations at all. They mean that the PHP version you have is newer and XOOPS still uses a deprecated function in it's code. These messages can be disabled by turning off PHP Debug.

Link: What is debugging and how do I do this?

The reason you only see the theme fram with no content is that you have to add content to your site. Once you install modules and create some custom blocks, you'll have content.

The FAQ are an excellent starting point. There you can read up on the basic usage and configuration of your XOOPS website.

If you don't find it in the FAQ, try Searching. Chances are, if you have a question, someone else has already answered it.

Best Regard,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

JMorris
Re: I've got a bone!
  • 2005/10/8 18:38

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

By the way, I just noticed that you have three threads open regarding the same problem.

Please read XOOPSiquette. It explains how to properly post on the xoops.org forums.

Posting the same topic in multiple threads only serves to make it difficult to provide you with effective support, it bumps down other people's requests for support, and it increases the likelyhood that your posts will be ignored by people who could help you.

Please don't post the same topic in multiple threads.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits