SERB-4-LIFE

i added around 20 avatars to my xoops. and when i go to my account and select the avatar it says that my profile is updated, and then it doesnt show the avatar it just says that i dont have an avatar!

what do u think, whats the problem?

Bender
Re: avatars wont work?
  • 2005/10/3 9:45

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

How did you add the avators?

Do you get an error message when you turn php debugging on and save your changed profile?

Does it only happen with your user or did you try different accounts?

Can you still change to the original avators and only the new ones arenĀ“t working?

Do you get a preview of all avators in the selection box?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

SERB-4-LIFE

I added the avatars throught the avatar upload thing in the avatar menager in the admin panel of xoops.

I dont get an error message when i turn php debug on.

I tried with my user and different acounts.

What do u mean if i can change to original, if i choose to upload avatar from my machine, then it works but if i want to choose and avatar from the site it doesnt work,

i see all the avatars in the selection box, and it shows them next to the box when i click it and then when i go update my profile, it says updated sucessfuly, and then it reloads my profile page and it shows the no avatar image.

SERB-4-LIFE

I just tried to change the avatar on this site xoops.org and it does the same thing as my site. If you try and select an avatar from this site and go update it wont change it.

bluenova

Sorry just read, 'an image on this site'
Are you using a firewall?

SERB-4-LIFE

Nah i dont get any errors on that

Bender
  • 2005/10/3 10:25

• Bender

• Home away from home

Standard avators on xoops.org are 99% broken at this time. Not sure if they could not be recovered after the last site restoration.

Just to make sure: are we talking about XOOPS 2.0.13.1 with your installation or XOOPS 2.2.x series?
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

SERB-4-LIFE

I am using XOOPS 2.0.13.1

Bender
  • 2005/10/3 10:52

• Bender

• Home away from home

Ok, did a fresh install of 2.0.13.1 and found no trouble with that.

Can you check on your database whether the value for your user id in the table xxxxxx_avatar_user_link is changing at all?

If you turn on SQL debugging and change the avator, once you click on save it should contain these two querries:
Quote:

DELETE FROM xoops_20131___avatar_user_link WHERE user_id = 1
INSERT INTO xoops_20131___avatar_user_link (avatar_id, user_id) VALUES (1, 1)

Also maybe a repair of this table could help.

SERB-4-LIFE

When i turn on the Mysql/blocks debug i get this message when i try to change the avatar.

SELECT * FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid = 0 AND conf_catid = 1) ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data FROM xoops_session WHERE sess_id = '2b139e44ac1b21de04946dd8cbbewdwd2'
SELECT * FROM xoops_users WHERE uid=1095
SELECT * FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid = 0 AND conf_catid = 2) ORDER BY conf_order ASC
Total: 4 queries

Blocks
Total: 0 blocks

Execution Time
XOOPS took 0.13327884674072 seconds to load.

Extra
Token Validation: Valid token found

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (126 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits