• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/14

Hi all,

I just readed the docs about the update but I do not unterstand several things

My current version is
XOOPS 2.0.10 Beta 3

Quote:

Enable PHP debug
Go to your administration area => system module => preferences => general settings and enable PHP debug

This is clear and done
Quote:

Run pre-upgrade script

Where is the pre-upgrade script ?!?! how shoud I run it - over XOOPS or in the console ?!?!

Quote:

After uploading all files in the patch archive, access www.example.com/xoopsupdate.php, replacing www.example.com with your site's URL. This will show error messages and no real content, but don't worry, just proceed to next step
Reload the page
Press the submit button to update the system"

in the tarball i didn't found xoopsupdate.php
I also do not have this file in the installed XOOPS version
What shoud I do ?

Thx for your answers in advance

cheers
alex

Mithrandir
Re: Update form 2.0.x to 2.2.3

What to do:
Quote:

Run pre-upgrade script

How to do it:
Quote:

After uploading all files in the patch archive, access www.example.com/xoopsupdate.php, replacing www.example.com with your site's URL. This will show error messages and no real content, but don't worry, just proceed to next step

Which tarball have you downloaded? xoopsupdate.php should be in the /html folder
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

heatherfeuer
Re: Update form 2.0.x to 2.2.3

I just downloaded the update files in .zip format. My current version is 2.0.13 stable. I too didn't see a pre-upgrade script or anything like it.

I DO have the xoopsupdate.php file. I would appreciate some clarification otherwise I will have to go back and start with an original install. Fortunately, I'm only running a test site that doesn't have much content yet.

Am I missing something?

Thanks!!
Heather

Login

Who's Online

172 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 172

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits