shock76
problems with multiple mods displaying incorrectly in FireFox
  • 2005/9/22 21:37

• shock76

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/25

I dont know whether this is actually a problem with the mods or the template itself. On a site I'm building, www.psprimed.com, the home page and all other pages display correctly with Internet Explorer, but when I look in FireFox a few of the modules will make the page break all up. I'm not very experienced in XOOPS or PHP as a whole, but I have been working on this for two days now and can't figure out if it is a template file, another file or the css thats making it do this. The pages that do it in Firefox are the Downloads area, the Affiliates, and the News and more, I think all of the others work fine.

Anyone have a clue as to why FF is doing this or how to fix it?

Thanks, BTW, yea, I'm a nooby poster but I've been reading the site for help for the past couple of months. I haven't gotten the site finished coding yet. This is the first XOOPS site I've messed with. Hope someone can help, nice to meet you all.

frankblack
Re: problems with multiple mods displaying incorrectly in FireFox
  • 2005/9/22 21:50

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

Firefox is not so sloppy when he interprets the html-code. As I see it there are some misplaced center-tags and a not-closed div-tag when you display wfdownloads.

Want to be shocked? CLICK ME!

It feels like you made the theme with FrontPage? Don't feel offended, but don't rely on WYSIWYG-editor when you want to design a theme. After a short time you will be much faster and better with a normal editor.

shock76
  • 2005/9/22 22:58

• shock76

• Just popping in

Hey thanks for the info, I atually just made it in straight photoshop, sliced it, and forgot to set the slice options, until you pointed it out, lol. Yea, I'm going to redo the code to get it xhtml compliant, but I dont know why some of the pages would be fine and just a few of the module pages be messed up. I'll be using the process of elimination I suppose, I'll tackle the formatting first, then see what happens.

Thanks again.

shock76
  • 2005/9/23 22:14

• shock76

• Just popping in

OK, now I'm a bit stumped,

I went through and re-did the code on it, still not 100% xhtml compliant, but really close to it. After I corrected anything I deemed as a potential cause of this problem, I still have the problem. It only does this with certain modules, the homepage works fine, the forum module page works fine, and some of the others work fine. Its the downloads, news, profile, and some of the other ones that seem not to work.

I have it at a set width (the main table) instead of using the percentages in the CSS. When I click on these pages, it first acts like it is going to boot up fine, then it seems as if it reads something in the code somewhere to make it break out of alignment again. I'm still sifting through code trying to find an answer, but anyone with any knowledge of what could be the problem or what could be the answer, please help.

Thanks in advance.

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits