macmend
Should I upgrade to xoops 2.2 (how will it effect my sites)
  • 2005/9/22 9:09

• macmend

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/27

Both my sites (see links in the signature) use XOOPS 2.0.13 and a relatively successfull, both have a number of modules (extra blocks, stats, referers and so on) and a couple of hacks (short Urls mainly)

I would like to update to 2.2 but I am concerned ay how this will effect my sites, what compatibility issues there may be and so on.

My sense is that the transition is not always a smooth one...can anyone advise.
Free Mac Support

Ordinary Wisdom

apache server with php sshexec turned on
xoops version 2.0.18.1 & 2.3.1
php version 5.2.5
mysql version 5.0.45

Herko
Re: Should I upgrade to xoops 2.2 (how will it effect my sites)
  • 2005/9/22 9:15

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I suggest you wait till the dev team releases the 2.2.3 FINAL release. The beta testing team is working on testing that release right now, so it may not be too long before it is released. This releases fixes some of the incompaitbility issues 2.2 currently has.

Also, I suggest you create an exact copy of your websites (files and databases) somewhere (localhost perhaps?), and migrate to the new version in that testing environment. That way you won't loose anything important, and can see how the transition goes.

2.0.13.1 is stable tho, and we will keep maintaining the 2.0.x series with bugfixes and patches, so if you don't really need the new features 2.2 brings (like dynamic userprofiles, advanced block placements, extensive PM module, etc. etc.), why go there?

Herko

Login

Who's Online

456 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 456

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits