Zoobink
Why XOOPS.
  • 2005/9/20 13:48

• Zoobink

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/27

I've been playing with XOOPS for a short while now and I am impressed with what I see so far.

I'm interested to get opinions from more experienced users and developers as to why they chose XOOPS.

What other systems did you look at before deciding to go with XOOPS, and why did you decide XOOPS over the alternative(s).

Thanks.

tedsmith
Re: Why XOOPS.
  • 2005/9/20 14:22

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Covered briefly in this FAQ...

I tried phpNuke first, and ditched it about an hour later. I can't remember why now, but it was the first CMS I looked at (and my boss was trying to make me use it for our Intranet). I just didn't like it - it seemed a bit too tricky to do certain things, and other things were just not possible.

So I read many 'CMS vs CMS' publications on the net, and suffice to say XOOPS came up trumps on most issues, most importnatly the fact that there's so many modules for it and the developers and community are massively helpful.

I gave it a whirl, and was up and running with a basic site very quickly. Obviously I had the usual difficulties that most people have in the first few months and got quite frustrated from time to time (and still do!), but eventually grasped it.

Xoops is complex but highly scalable and highly customisable. Thousands of themes, hundreds of modules. In my mind, it's got the most power of any CMS type system.

Login

Who's Online

141 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 141

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits