theycallmepj
Xoops team on vacation?

Is the XOOPS team takeing a break or something? Or is it really difficult to get the bugs out of 2.2.3RC1? When I saw that 2.2.3 was first out, I immediatly upgraded my site, I don't have any problems with errors, but if there is a security whole or something i would like to have it fixed soon. I do not mean to critisize the XOOPS team, but it has been a while w/o a fix.
Thanks,
Paul Travis
MASD.info
THEYCALLMEPJ.com

Mithrandir
Re: Xoops team on vacation?

Quote:
if there is a security whole or something i would like to have it fixed soon

There isn't. The only reason for the re-labelling is because there are bugs with certain (very common) environments.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

davidl2
  • 2005/9/15 20:55

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

And only a few weeks ago we had everyone cursing because of the frequent updates...

Seriously - I'm sure we'll hear more about the updates when they are happy with the stability of them.

theycallmepj

I love the frequent updates

thanks for the information
Thanks,
Paul Travis
MASD.info
THEYCALLMEPJ.com

Chappy
  • 2005/9/15 21:06

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

A couple of notes which may be better addressed by the core team, but I'm not afraid to babble on so I will speak to this.

First, you can always get the nightly releases if you want them. I think quite a few of the bugs have been addressed.

Secondly, at the time of the last release, Mith was roundly criticized for releasing too soon. He did so, IMO, being sensitive to the concern from folks like you and I who are ready for an upgrade ASAP. Unfortunately, there were several bugs that were quite significant and were not spotted. Thus, the whole recent QA push, the change of 2.2.3 to a RC and the work towards implementing a testing team. The point is that you can expect the releases to be slower as more testing will be done before a release than in the past.

Third, this topic has come up in the forums recently elsewhere. The answer then was that the devs are quite busy. I can say for a fact that I know they are because I have been playing around with the nightlies and have seen the changes. I posted what I thought was a bug just the day before yesterday and phppp responded to it just yesterday. So, there is no lack of attention.

Indeed, though, there were some vacations as the aforementioned thread (which I'm too lazy to look up) mentioned.

HTH
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

davidl2
  • 2005/9/15 21:07

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Chappy - can you PM me the nightlys link?

phppp
  • 2005/9/15 21:15

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

CVS is being updated almost every day.

If you have interest to play with or to help test, you will be able to find what to do.

khana
  • 2005/9/15 21:27

• khana

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/11

I do not want to hurry it,
but i wonder too...about the icon on a local page,
has not everything been restored why yet?
my friend saw them and asked me, "is XOOPS a broken system?"

they give the impressions such like the management abandonment or the stages of something tragedy here...
i understand enough the core team is busy,
but as the person who lives in a local area,
its not feelings so good view.
Please Please do the repair.

phppp
  • 2005/9/15 21:31

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

khana wrote:

they give the impressions such like the management abandonment or the stages of something tragedy here...

Can not agree more.

Minor things could defeat a big project.

khana
  • 2005/9/15 21:39

• khana

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/11

I am telling about "all the icons" on
https://xoops.org/modules/xoopspartners/
It is not only about the icon of Japan where I live.
What is the "Minor things"???

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (180 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits