dean_collins
CBB forum, big problem

I'm still unable to solve this problem despite spending over 4 hours trying various solutions.

I run XOOPS 2.2.3 and the latest cbb forum module.

For some reason I have lost the ability to view icons such as new topic, new post which means that people are unable to use this module.

I also cant view the 'guide' icons eg new message, locked topic etc etc.

I have reinstalled/removed/checked in phpmyadmin etc that the info is in the database/tried to start a new databse etc.

I'm curious as to how I could possible be the only one having this problem as I have posted to this message board for 3 days in various appropriate forums with no replies.

Permissions are correct, I ave tried even giving even guests full permissions to see if that helped etc.

Not sure what my next step is.

tia,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

Chappy
Re: CBB forum, big problem
  • 2005/9/14 14:48

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Right click on the place where the images are supposed to be and get the image properties. Then make sure the image files are in those locations and that they aren't corrupted. You also might provide a link or screenshot so we can see what's going on. Possibly, during upload, things got messed up. Best I can tell you.
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

dean_collins

there is no 'space' for the images at all, I thought they may have been there just blank but when you right highlight you can tell theres nothing there.

I just reinstalled the forums for you to check out

http://www.aussienymeetup.net/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?forum=1

you can see how all of the icons (and their capabiltiies) are missing.

also on the management section for add/remove/merge forums the icons are also missing.
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

dean_collins

I've also noticed that there is this error at the bottom of the management section for the forum

Notice [PHP]: Constant _DB_POSLINE_DESC already defined in file modules/backup/language/english/modinfo.php line 24

Should I delete the backup module?
Could this becausing the problems?

Cheers,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

phppp
  • 2005/9/14 15:39

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

For "Notice [PHP]: Constant _DB_POSLINE_DESC already defined in file", foget about it. It won't make any trouble.

For CBB icons, check if "anti-hotlinks" is enabled with your server.
Then disable png hack

dean_collins

I'm not sure what you mean by anti hotlinks.

it's just debian with apache.

it does run via a isa 2004 firewall if that makes a difference.

Cheers,
Dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

phppp
  • 2005/9/14 16:03

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

A link for hotlink protection

http://www.webmasterstop.com/107.html

dean_collins

ok thanks but no there is no hotlink protection or anything like that.

I have set up the www.aussienymeetup.net url to be able to access the entire /var/www drive.

any other thoughts?

cheers,
dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

Chappy
  • 2005/9/14 17:05

• Chappy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/12/14

Look at the source view of the page. See what links are there. I looked at it and there IS a link there. Appropriately enough, it is to the following path:

Quote:
/modules/newbb/images/blank.gif

You might want to study more to make sure this image is in the approp directory, see what it looks like, etc. Look at various images that are supposed to be showing up such as t_new-a.png, etc.

In a new forum where everyone has perms to post a new topic, it SHOULD show t_new-a.png, but its not. Why? I have no idea. If it were me, and only if it were me, I would uninstall the module, remove all current forum files, reupload newbb, install it, then, change over to cbb carefully following all the upgrade details in the readme file. That's what I would do. But, I often mess up my site (and get it going again), so don't take anything from me as necessarily good advice.
MMM...It tastes like chicken! ...

dean_collins

there are no install instructions in the module, this isn't an upgrade it's a new install of 2.2.3 and the moduel (and repeatedly tried to install) and yes i did try and look at the php for the images themselves but to be honest I couldn't find the appropriate linkes in the module.

I'll try again.
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits