breegeek
more stupid questions. How do I change what appears in the Main Menu generated by the System Module?
  • 2005/9/7 4:23

• breegeek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/3 4

I would like to change what appears in the Main Menu generated by the System Module... ya know how it says "home" and what not.

where in the XOOPS panel do I find these options and change them?

I also DLed Multimenu, but I'm having just as much trouble figuring out how to do submenus on that too...

sorry im a bit slow

davidthomas1
Re: more stupid questions. How do I change what appears in the Main Menu generated by the System Mod

Have a look at the FAQ Section

Basically, you have to either edit the main menu template and manually add your links. The FAQ explains how.

Or you can use a 3rd party module like MultiMenu, iMenu etc... to create a custom menu.

A third option is to make a custom menu block yourself, that's what I did in the end, works perfectly

good luck!

D.
みんなちがってみんないい。

XOOPS 2.0.13.2

breegeek
Re: more stupid questions. How do I change what appears in the Main Menu generated by the System Mod
  • 2005/9/7 4:33

• breegeek

• Just popping in

ok ill keep trying. thanksf ro the fast reply. i dig your quote.

but isn't it disturbing that the word for "different" is the same word for "wrong"?

libervis
Re: more stupid questions. How do I change what appears in the Main Menu generated by the System Module?
  • 2005/9/7 4:37

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/4 1

Hey, you just go to modules admin and there you can set in what order to display links to those modules in the main menu. Number "0" (zero) means it wont show. Everything from 1 to X is the "weight" for setting order.

As for multimenu, just follow your instict. It's basically clicking on one of the numbered multimenu buttons in multimenu admin and adding links inthere by clicking "add". Then you just have to be sure to enable their display and position in blocks administration.
XOOPS Site: Libervis.com :: For a Free World

-- Libervis Network --

davidthomas1

maybe there is no right and wrong, only difference and consequence
みんなちがってみんないい。

XOOPS 2.0.13.2

breegeek
  • 2005/9/7 4:46

• breegeek

• Just popping in

hah maybe (about right and wrong) but i think I am definately doing something wrongly.

I guess I just don't get the language used yet

like I see the java td id="mainmenu">
<! a class="menuTop" href="<{$xoops_url}>/"><{$block.lang_home}></a>
<!-- start module menu loop -->
<{foreach item=module from=$block.modules}>
<a class="menuMain" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/<{$module.directory}>/"><{$module.name}></a>
<{foreach item=sublink from=$module.sublinks}>
<a class="menuSub" href="<{$sublink.url}>"><{$sublink.name}></a>
<{/foreach}>
<{/foreach}>
<!-- end module menu loop -->
</td>

but what do I change here to change what appears under the main menu title?

Like i don't want NEWS or Polls, but something like Chapters, since I am doing a comic book online, and I want the options for these below the heading...

i know its really simple... but so am i

davidthomas1

You could add your own custom link like this :

<td id="mainmenu">
<! 
class="menuTop" href="<{$xoops_url}>/"><{$block.lang_home}></a>
<!-- 
start module menu loop -->
<{foreach 
item=module from=$block.modules}>
<
class="menuMain" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/<{$module.directory}>/"><{$module.name}></a>
<{foreach 
item=sublink from=$module.sublinks}>
<
class="menuSub" href="<{$sublink.url}>"><{$sublink.name}></a>
<{/foreach}>
<{/foreach}>
<!-- 
end module menu loop -->
<!-- 
start custom links -->
<
class="menuMain" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/news/someNewsURL">Chapters</a>
<
class="menuMain" href="<{$xoops_url}>/modules/polls/somePoll">Opinions</a>
<
class="menuMain" href="http://www.someRandomURL.com">Random Website</a>
<!-- 
end custom links -->
</
td>

RENAME: You can also rename modules in Admin>System>Modules Just change the name of the module and click submit. They'll appear with the new name in the Main Menu.

HIDE: As mentioned, to stop a module appearing in the main menu, change it's weight to zero (0) in System>Admin>Modules

It's a bit tricky figuring out the template code because it uses something called 'smarty templates' which isn't really standard PHP but a new kettle of fish.

anyway, all the best with that

D
みんなちがってみんないい。

XOOPS 2.0.13.2

breegeek
  • 2005/9/7 6:04

• breegeek

• Just popping in

awesome thanks ill get right on that ^_^

davidthomas1

You're welcome
みんなちがってみんないい。

XOOPS 2.0.13.2

ejykluang
  • 2005/9/16 13:54

• ejykluang

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/30

Erm... can I know where should I put i the code? In multimenu.php or?? Please help me...

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits