crownie
Yahoo Weather no longer working
  • 2005/9/5 11:51

• crownie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/5 1

Has anyone else noticed that the yahoo weather module has stopped working.

Mine has stopped displaying weather as of 4th september 2005. Has Yahoo changed their feed or is this local to my site

bradburn
Re: Yahoo Weather no longer working
  • 2005/9/5 13:30

• bradburn

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/26

I use it and mine is currently working fine,
perhaps change your default location and see if it works.
rob.

TottoBG
  • 2005/9/5 14:53

• TottoBG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/8/18

I'm also using it but these days it's currently off, giving temporary it's position to sth else, so I'm not able to say nothing. But what the module is doing itself is getting yahoo weather page and parsing what's in the code as it's information to be viewable, so it's possible Yahoo Weather to have changed the way they present their info so the parsing to be no longer working. And this change could be not global but local, so you to have this problem now. When I'll get back to work on wednesday I'm gonna check and report here if there's really a problem with it.

crownie
  • 2005/9/7 1:45

• crownie

• Just popping in

ok, I have come to the conclusion it is local. It works fine on my development pc but once I move it to work......it stops. They both run the same software. Does anyone have any ideas why this is not working. What settings could be different. Does MS weather need some setting that I am missing??

your help is needed!!

TottoBG
  • 2005/9/7 7:03

• TottoBG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/8/18

Yahoo Weather seams to be working ok. But if it's working fine on your local pc but not on your real site then the problem seems to be really a local one. Look carefully how you've given your directories names in your class.msweather.php file, the problem could be there. I'm using XOOPS_URL constant as a start directory identifier and it's working.

crownie
  • 2005/9/12 9:27

• crownie

• Just popping in

OK. At home this module works fine but at work it won't retrieve weather information. This may have something to do with the LAN settings needed on the computer at work that is running the website. It needs a proxy server to find the internet. Do I need to define this some where in the module or do I need to define in easy php

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits