adrock
newBB / CBB 1.14 explodes center column
  • 2005/8/30 0:22

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

Anyone else have a problem with NewBB or CBB 1.14 running waaaaaaay to wide when reading a post?

I notice that the same problem occurs here at xoops.org.

Anyone know how to stop both Newbb 2 and CBB 1.14 from going wider than the viewable area of the monitor?

I need to leave the theme 'flexible' so that both small and large resolutions will have the content run edge to edge......Is there somewhere in the templates or style sheet that the 'width' of the post display is set?

Thanks in advance!

(a working, no hacks needed BB module for xoops, would be great.....too bad that with all of the available modules, none of them can accomplish all of the basic forum functions seen everywhere else on the web!)
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

jdseymour
Re: newBB / CBB 1.14 explodes center column

The main reason for it running wide, on my site anyway, is not using the link button in the editor. A lot of people when posting a link just put:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/reply.php?forum=28&topic_id=40836&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=0&post_id=178913

Which makes the column wide. If you use the link button in the editor and assign a short name to a link like (same link):

Forum Post.

It will keep the center column in newbb/cbb a standard size.

The problem is educating the users to use this feature.

adrock
Re: newBB / CBB 1.14 explodes center column
  • 2005/8/30 0:37

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

I understand that issue.... but as seen on this forum, when you hit 'reply' the screen etc goes back to standard width, and is able to wrap that link. It is also wrapping the link in the normal view...but not soon enough to keep the page from running too wide, so it's something in the templates or style sheet that is 'off'.

Unfortunately, the post that I am viewing when the problem occurs, has only three words in it....more commonly seen in this format 'WTF!?!'

It happens less often in CBB1.14 than it does in NewBB 2.02, but still happens none the less.

Has anyone hard coded this phenomenon away? Feel like sharing?
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

Login

Who's Online

382 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 382

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits