sgillbee
Template mods not taking effect
  • 2005/8/25 5:05

• sgillbee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/25

I am trying to make some simple mods to a couple of the System module templates (user login and contact).

I have cloned the default template (using the Admin menu)

I have selected the new cloned template set as the site's current template in the Preferences Admin menu.

I have modified several of the templates. I have made mods both directly (using edit) and also by downloading, moding locally, and then uploading. Both methods seem to work in that the changes ARE persisted in the database. Each time I come back to mod the templates, my mods ARE there, so I'm not losing them.

But when I go to the page that I mod'd, the changes DO NOT show up.

I figure it was probalby because the compiled templates (templates_c) were not getting updated. This looks to be the case because the date/time of all the pre-compiled templates are not changing. When I delete the appropriate precompiled template file (using FTP or SSH), that module no long renders properly, so I guess that templates_c are not automated regenerated.

So now I'm stuck... I feel like I'm really close, but I can't figure out that last magic step. What am I missing?

Jharis
Re: Template mods not taking effect
  • 2005/8/25 5:57

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

sgillbee,

I think all you have to do is Login as admin. Update the module under system admin - modules. To the right of the screen you will see a package icon. Click on that to update module.

don (el paso)
motto - green chili for everything!

sgillbee
  • 2005/8/27 21:28

• sgillbee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/25

Thanks for the advice... after doing some more hacking, I figured out the problem. It turns at that the permissions were set wrong on the template_c folder so that the pre-compiled templates could not be automatically updated. I ran "chmod 777 templates_c" and now things work great!

fong1sky
  • 2005/9/1 15:30

• fong1sky

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/22

I'm still qutie confuse with theme and template even i have read the FAQ.

Can anyone simply tell me how can I modify theme and template?
I find template are saved in db. But i can't find template for secction module.

And where to change theme?

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

91 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 91

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits