KayJay
Urgent Hosting Issues
  • 2005/8/23 8:53

• KayJay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/6 1

Hi guys

I have an urgent issue with getting my website onto a server. The server is running Apache Tomcat 5, and when they tried to deploy the site it asked for an XML bulid file. Am I being a complete idiot here, because I can't find one. I was using XAMMP on my desktop to develop, and now the time has come to move it over. Developing using XOOPS forms a large part of my Treatise on Content Management Systems, so getting it onto the server now is huge. Can anyone help?

Kath

Mithrandir
Re: Urgent Hosting Issues

Apache Tomcat 5 is a Java/JSP webserver... to my knowledge, it doesn't run PHP (at least not without some configuration)
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

KayJay
  • 2005/8/23 8:59

• KayJay

• Just popping in

Apparently this server is configured to run PHP. They are adament that I need an xml file.

Mithrandir

an XML file doing what? I have no clue, what they are asking for.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

KayJay
  • 2005/8/23 10:04

• KayJay

• Just popping in

Apparently the XML file specifies the mappings between files and the like. But that does seem a bit dodge to me.

MadFish
  • 2005/8/23 11:06

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

You may need a build file to compile a java/jsp project to a jar or war file, but I've never heard of this for PHP, as it isn't compiled like that. But then I haven't heard of anyone trying to run it on Tomcat before, either.

Perhaps it is possible but it sounds like doing it the hard way to me.

Mithrandir

This is the best I found on this topic
Not many answers as to XML files...

Cusix Software

KayJay
  • 2005/8/23 11:48

• KayJay

• Just popping in

They are now trying to run it using IIS (which kind of goes against the whole Open Source theme of my project). Am I likely to hit many problems there? And thanks so much for your help guys.

Mithrandir

IIS and XOOPS should work somewhat better than XOOPS with Tomcat

www.iis-resources.com may be your friend in dealing with IIS and XOOPS.

Cusix Software

KayJay
  • 2005/8/23 12:28

• KayJay

• Just popping in

Well, they're still trying IIS. And it seems to be fine-ish, though XOOPS isn't up yet.

Hopefully by tomorrow it will be on, and I won't fail my degree!

Thanks for your help guys, and I'll keep you posted!

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits