ladysham
Cannot create a category - in any module
  • 2005/8/20 0:43

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

I have installed XOOPS for a new client. I have main webmaster status, and I have given webmaster status to the client also. They are able to log into the admin area and access all the modules.

However, as an example:

When they click on the button for the "SmartPartner" module, and they try to create a category - they tell me they get an error "cannot query database". And they cannot create a category.

Same with the quotes module, the forums, etc.

Any ideas? I was able to log in with their userid and password, and I had no problems whatsoever setting up anything.

Now, I do know that they run Norton's. Would that have anything to do with it?

Thanks for any help.
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design
http://www.shamrocksweb.com

If you're coming to see my house - give me two weeks. If you're coming to see ME - come any time!

jdseymour
Re: Cannot create a category - in any module

Well it depends. I think more likely that it cannot querry the database is because the XOOPS version is 2.2 and the modules do not follow the API and call the database directly. Since the database has changed it cannot find the table and fails. So in effect the module is not compatible with XOOPS 2.2 yet. But I could be mistaken.

ladysham
  • 2005/8/20 3:02

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

However, I can log in with my userid and password AND her userid and password and make changes, create categories, etc. I think there is something on her computer that keeps her from getting access, however, I can't figure out what.
Kelly Ling
Shamrock's Web Design
http://www.shamrocksweb.com

If you're coming to see my house - give me two weeks. If you're coming to see ME - come any time!

jdseymour

Then it could be a referrer issue. Have them view this Faq Page and this Faq Page on my site for suggested settings of Norton to not block the referrer information.

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits