bigt1987
tables in news module
  • 2005/8/18 23:35

• bigt1987

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/18

i use the news 1.1 module to post articles and for some reason when i insert a table (using html code) into an article, the finished article will display with a huge gap on top of the table. i use internet explorer 6 to look at the articles. i tried to view the source with internet explorer and it doesn't show a lot of line breaks in the code. here's the url to that particular article: http://dhost.info/tonyj/xoops/modules/news/article.php?storyid=6

does anyone know how to solve this? thanks in advance.

Cheeze
Re: tables in news module
  • 2005/8/19 0:35

• Cheeze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/16

The reason why you don't see a lot of line breaks in the code before the table is most probably because the line breaks are all in the code for the table.

I've had the same problem before but it was with AMS. Anyway, the reason is this: the text you entered into the content page is sent through a parser and the parser adds the <br /> tag to the lines that have a line break at the end of the line, including HTML code. So you can observe that there are many <br /> tags amongst your table code.

Strangely, the browser interprets this as line breaks before the table. So the solution will be to put all HTML code in a single line to prevent <br /> tags from being added into the table.

bigt1987
Re: tables in news module
  • 2005/8/19 0:48

• bigt1987

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/18

thank you. putting the code in one line solved the problem. i was going to try that if no one answered.

Login

Who's Online

268 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 268

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits