shy1ntx
xoopsgallery + Fatal error [HELP NEEDED]
  • 2005/8/18 1:48

• shy1ntx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/3 1

I am getting the dreaded BLANK PAGE now that i have updated to the 2.13 version of XOOPS when members go to view the photo albums (xoopsgallery) All other areas seem to be working fine (crossing fingers)

Following the direction on the XOOPS Support FAQ regarding blank pages... i turned on PHP debug and found the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/freedomr/public_html/modules/xoopsgallery/classes/Album.php on line 412

(pasted excactly-no more no less)

The FAQ didnt have a work around for this specific error msg. Thus, turning to the forums because I have had very helpful feedback here.

Thanks for any input.

Eric

shy1ntx
Re: xoopsgallery + Fatal error
  • 2005/8/18 16:19

• shy1ntx

• Just popping in

Quote:

Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/freedomr/public_html/modules/xoopsgallery/classes/Album.php on line 412

Any input on this? Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....I hope I dont have to reinstall or create a new photo album.

(A little more: XoopsGallery allows a block that will generate random pictures...this block is working on my site. It is finding the photos and generating random photos to display in the block..however, if you click on the photo displayed...it goes to the blank screen as if you tried to access the photo album by a normal link and get the same error msg. as stated above.)

Mithrandir
Re: xoopsgallery + Fatal error [HELP NEEDED]

seems xoopsgallery is not compatible with PHP5.

You can try commenting out all occurrences of
unset($this);

and
$this false;

in the module and see if that gets you anywhere.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

shy1ntx
  • 2005/8/18 16:35

• shy1ntx

• Just popping in

Thanks Mithrandir.

Its wierd that all of a sudden that I am getting this error and no other modules have been effected (that I have found) after upgrading to XOOPS 2.0.13

And I just checked - we are using 4.3.11 of PHP...hmmm

Also...newbie...or sorta silly question - if i comment out those lines as suggested:

1. will it be a bad idea on my version of PHP

2. where are those lines found? (which file in xoopsgallery....or in every php file in the directory?)

Again, thanks for you help.

shy1ntx
  • 2005/9/15 14:51

• shy1ntx

• Just popping in

I feel like an ass....lol

I trusted what my hosting company listed as the PHP version they were running. However I asked them directly to verify the current version on the server....

Guess what... their response was:

PHP Version 5.0.4 is installed.

So, lesson learned...always VERIFY!!

This IS a PHP5 issue as the developer for XoopsGallery is running a lower version of PHP with XOOPS 2.0.13 just fine. I believe he will look over the code when he gets a chance, and possibly update the code got the module.

Thanks to everyone.

-E

kidtroopa
  • 2005/10/29 6:01

• kidtroopa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/15

You will receive the same error for the WF-Section module if you are running PHP5 as well.

PHP Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in C:\\*****\\modules\\wfsection\\admin\\index.php on line 33

Were you able to find a solution?

Keanuette
  • 2006/1/9 21:23

• Keanuette

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/27

ok

So is anyone able to help with making Gallery compatible with PHP5??

That would be a great help.

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits