shy1ntx
xoops 2.0.13 and newbb problem
  • 2005/8/13 14:17

• shy1ntx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/3 1

I recently decided to bring our version of XOOPS up to the most current version just before the major core update (2.2 - waiting for modules and other updates)

HOWEVER, an issue has just arisen and not sure if it is due to the update of Xoops....did a search here but couldnt find anything.

Any time you try and do anything (post, preview,etc) on the newbb module we get the following error: (at very bottom of the debug info)

Queries
SELECT * FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid = '0' AND conf_catid = '1') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT sess_data FROM xoops_session WHERE sess_id = '82d7973e0a8eda3c1d577xxxxx'
SELECT * FROM xoops_users WHERE uid=2
SELECT * FROM xoops_modules WHERE dirname = 'newbb'
SELECT * FROM xoops_config WHERE (conf_modid = '4') ORDER BY conf_order ASC
SELECT forum_type, forum_name, forum_access, allow_html, allow_sig, posts_per_page, hot_threshold, topics_per_page FROM xoops_bb_forums WHERE forum_id = 11
Error number: 1054
Error message: Unknown column 'forum_access' in 'field list'
Total: 6 queries

What users actually see is a message that says an error occured and throws them back to the previous screen.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED as the forum is the primary reason for our site.

IF it cant be fixed...and I must start from scratch input on forum modules...newbb cbb or smf ??? BUT I would rather not loose everything and rebuild.

Again thanks....we are dead in the water right now.

-Eric

(I tried restoring from a backup but that didnt seem to fix it??)

jdseymour
Re: xoops 2.0.13 and newbb problem

Did you recently update the forum? And if so from and to what version?

davidl2
  • 2005/8/13 14:36

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

And if you updated the forum... did you remove newbb from 2.0.13 when you uploaded it? The version included is the old version 1.

shy1ntx
  • 2005/8/13 14:36

• shy1ntx

• Just popping in

Ok I think i found out what i did....

I ran the XOOPS update for 2.0.13 and was running newbb2.2 and the update only had files for newbb1.x AND there was suppposedly a note about that...but I must have missed that.... which means i over wrote the files with a wrong/outdated version.....arghhh

see this forum post I JUST found:
FORUM POST

Now I have a problem I dont have a copy of newbb2.2 and the download site doesnt have it (due to recent hacks) I posted in ref. to this issue as well...

Hmmm suggestions?

jdseymour

I uploaded newbb 2.02 Here.

shy1ntx
  • 2005/8/13 15:23

• shy1ntx

• Just popping in

AWESOME! Thanks John!

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits