therealdeal
Users Can't register on X 2.2.1

I did a fresh install on X 2.2.1 everything works ace, except people can't register. I have it set on activate automatically and Allow new user registration is set to YES. The only way that users can log into the site after i had to create a user manually is if i make them a moderator.

therealdeal
Re: Users Can't register on X 2.2.1

This is not a browser or firewall issue as far as i can tell.

No one can register to my site, it just redirects when you try to register.

I create a user, try to log in and it does the same thing, redirects and you cant log in.

The only way for people to log into my site is if i create a user and give them moderator status..

bumbum
  • 2005/8/17 16:38

• bumbum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

I'm having the same issue - 'Register Now!' just redirects from register.php to user.php?xoops_redirect=%2Fmodules%2Fprofile%2Fregister.php&
It's the lost password page.
I've tried it in both Firefox and Avant - both behave exactly the same. Have been trawling the forums looking for a solution without luck.
Only upside is that there seems to be a bunch of hacked sites that didn't upgrade but I'd like to get services back to normal.

jansen
  • 2005/8/17 16:59

• jansen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/9 1

Don't forget to install the Extended Profiles module. That is where the registration form is in now.
Find your spot on Earth and Wreck it!

BoardStyle Magazine...

bumbum
  • 2005/8/17 17:07

• bumbum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

Yeah I just figured that one out - also, don't forget to make sure you have permissions set so that annonomous users can access the extended profiles module.
That did it for me.

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits