MitchJones
A couple problems left after recent install (2.2 + hotfix)
  • 2005/8/6 6:23

• MitchJones

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/6 5

New user in need of help. I'm still trying to get a feel for how work the XOOPS portal.

Here are my current issues. Hopefully the cause is obvious to you guys.

#1 I'm getting the following debug messages on the bottom of my homepage after loging in. But it only shows up after hitting refresh or selecting certain menu options. This seems to have started after installing the "members homepages" module. I have tried disabling the members homepages module to see if it makes a difference, but still get the errors.

Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: name in file kernel/object.php line 279
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: name in file kernel/object.php line 280
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: name in file kernel/object.php line 375

#2 Any reference to my website has a partial URL. It is missing the "http://www..com/" part of the link and just gives "/Portal/html/..". I'm sure I just missed an entry field somewhere during the install. Where do I fix this?

I just installed the 2.2 hotfix and that worked fine. These issues were occuring prior to the hotfix.

Thank you in advance for the help! I'm having a blast setting up the site and playing with it, but cannot figure out these two issues. I still have much to learn.

-Mitch

Herko
Re: A couple problems left after recent install (2.2 + hotfix)
  • 2005/8/6 8:40

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

1. these are PHP *notices*, they're nothing you need to worry about. It just means that the index 'name' wasn't declared before used the first time, which is not following the exact coding standards. That's what it is telling us, nothing more, nothing less. It will not interfere with your website operations.

2. The partial (relative) URL makes it easier for you to move your website from a development to a production environment. All links *should* work properly. If they don't you can change the XOOPS URL to the full path in the mainfile.php in your XOOPS site root.

Herko

Mithrandir

To be a little more accurate than Herko on the #1 issue:
These notices are caused by calling $object->getVar('name'); on an object that doesn't have a "name" attribute.
Can you be more specific as to which menu options?
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

MitchJones
  • 2005/8/6 20:29

• MitchJones

• Just popping in

Thank you Herko and Mithrandir!

Menu options that do not give the errors are: "Logout" and Administratrion Menu"

Menu options that do give the errors are: "View Account", "Edit Account", "Notifications", "Home", "Private Messaging", "Extended Profiles", and "Members Homepages"

I am also getting a similar error when selecting "avatars" from the View Account page:

Warning [PHP]: main(class/xoopsformloader.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file modules/profile/edituser.php line 126
Warning [PHP]: main(): Failed opening 'class/xoopsformloader.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file modules/profile/edituser.php line 126

MitchJones
  • 2005/8/8 0:26

• MitchJones

• Just popping in

I had some free time this weekend. So I reloaded the site from scratch. I suspected that a file was corrupted or missed when I initially FTP'd everything over.

So far everything looks resolved. I'm still having issues with the Memebers Homepages module, but that is a completely different issue.

I don't know which file it was, but there was obviously a problem. I will work on getting more of the site configured and see if any more issues surface.

Thanks again!

Login

Who's Online

230 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 230

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits