Gothic-Angel
How can I run Python scripts inside of Xoops?

I'm pretty new to PHP and was wondering how I can include Python in Xoops. Maybe even having modules written in Python on my XOOPS site.

Would I call them from an HTML enabled page the same way as I would call a Java applet? Or would a page wrapper (are there any good page wrappers for Xoops?) be more prudent?

My overall ideal would be an integration of XOOPS and Python but that involves areas I haven't even begun to research yet.

TIA for any ideas.

lanart
Re: How can I run Python scripts inside of Xoops?
  • 2005/8/1 15:25

• lanart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/1 1

You can't . Not in elegant way.
It seems that XOOPS is not the choice for you. Try Zope (www.zope.org), Plone (plone.org), Myghty (www.myghty.org), Cherry (www.cherrypy.org)

Andrei

Gothic-Angel

That would be nice but I already have an established website running XOOPS with tons of content on it. The changeover from PHPnuke to XOOPS was traumatic enough.

I know there has to be a way to do this without having to convert my database over to yet another CMS. Calling a Perl script or another CGI program from within XOOPS wouldn't be much different. My problem isn't with whether or not it can be done but how to go about doing it.

jurgis
  • 2005/8/1 21:56

• jurgis

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/3/20

Quote:
I know there has to be a way to do this without having to convert my database over to yet another CMS. Calling a Perl script or another CGI program from within XOOPS wouldn't be much different. My problem isn't with whether or not it can be done but how to go about doing it.

Its more fundamental thing - better ask this not in "beginners corner" but some devs..

I know there are such technique as "remote procedure calls" or so - this way You can link scripts even on different servers.

but anywhay, why not learn PHP? :) (PHP5 has many of pythons features, OO and similar)
Don't worry, be happy :), & make things better ;)...

Lance_
  • 2005/8/1 22:39

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

I use myiframe to wrap some cgi scripts on one of my sites. Don't know if this could apply.

Cheers.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

Gothic-Angel

Something along myframe is what I was thinking I would have to do but I wasn't aware of any wrap modules for Xoops. I was able to run Python inside of PHPNuke with a wrap and changing the MySQL calls inside of the Python script to the appropriate tables quite easily.

I am trying to learn PHP but why rewrite 100s of pieces of code when I can wrap them just the same?

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits