aptmusic
osCommerce xoops module - import "old" shop
  • 2005/7/29 11:17

• aptmusic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/21

Hi Guys

This is possibly a bit of a blonde question, but hey, I have some fake blonde in my hair so I'm allowed to ask it!

I'm just setting up my new site in XOOPS and I'm loving how flexible it is. Anyway, I've installed the osCommerce module on my site and I'm trying to import my old shop which is in a standalone version of osCommerce, however, due to the way the tables are obviously reconfigured it's not happening to well with the restore database function within the osCommerce config.

Any ideas on how best to do this without having to go through and manually set up the shop again within xoops? I mean, if needs must then I will do, but if I can avoid it .. you know what it's like ..

Cheers all!
Andy

aptmusic
Re: osCommerce xoops module - import "old" shop
  • 2005/7/29 17:25

• aptmusic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/21

think I may of come up with a solution, which I shall try in a moment, but just wondering if anyone has and found it to go completely wrong ..

If I do an export from my current standalone version of osCommerce and then do a find and replace on the file to replace all the tags (such as osc1_) and replace them with the xoops1_shop_ and then run the import that should, in theory, do the job.

Anyone advise against it?

Cheers
Andy

Login

Who's Online

340 user(s) are online (82 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 340

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits