mmesa
Messages from php debugger
  • 2005/7/28 7:32

• mmesa

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/28

Hello,

I have activated the php debugger, and I obtain hundreds of messages, by example:

Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 493
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 493
Notice [PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 236
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 383

The displayed files are many, the directories are: class, include, kernel...

The XOOPS version is 2.0.13 in spanish language. When these messages are displayed at begin of page, XOOPS works fine except the fonts are bigger. If the messages only are displayed below page the fonts are ok.

Can anyone helps me?

Thanks,

Herko
Re: Messages from php debugger
  • 2005/7/28 9:28

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

notices will not break your system. These come from you using PHP5, which XOOPS runs on, but is not fully compatible with. Disable php debug and your site will run fine

Herko

Mithrandir
Re: Messages from php debugger

It is a new notice that comes with PHP 4.4 and PHP 5 and relates to some memory leak problems (getting very technical, sorry)

We are aware of them and why they appear and will work on eliminating them properly. Disabling PHP debug will remove the error message, but naturally not the error itself. Since things have run pretty well for a long time with this, we don't consider it urgent, but it is a high-priority issue we will do our best to fix within a reasonable timeframe (sufficiently vague to not raise expectations, I hope )
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Login

Who's Online

288 user(s) are online (181 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 288

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits