MikeFalcor
A module module...read to understand...
  • 2005/7/23 8:11

• MikeFalcor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/21

I am starting a project (I guess you could call it a project). I will be focusing my attention to the creation of a blank module. 'But what the HECK is a blank module?!?!" you might ask? It would be, what I consider, a module template that even the noobiest of xoopsters could download and modify to suit whatever they would like to add to their site. Basically, this would be a template. All php files would be heavily annotated so that anyone who looked at them would know EXACTLY what each finction did.

Or, if anyone would like to tag in and help me create the Module Creation Module, all help would be welcome. The idea in this is that (like I said before) even the noobiest of xoopsters could create a module based on whatever they would like. They would even be able to set up their own SQL tables. Implimenting your own html/php files using MyPage or something of the like would be a thing of the past. With this module, you would be able to do just that and more if you so please.

The reason I am thinking about this is because I have spent the greater part of 3 years collecting Java-based games. Instead of creating a stupid html or php 'page' containing links out the whazoo to each game that when clicked on would force you to leave the style of xoops, I intend to use either of these ideas to create a module that would allow me to create my own sub-menus/links/content. All within Xoops! Call it a PHP generating module or what have you, but this is my idea.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

pod
Re: A module module...read to understand...
  • 2005/7/23 8:14

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

You mean something like this?

It would be cool to have a module module available to the community though, XooperMod is only usable on worldware.com.

:)
www.myxoops.com - MyXoops Is Your XOOPS!

MikeFalcor
Re: A module module...read to understand...
  • 2005/7/23 8:23

• MikeFalcor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/21

Quote:

pod wrote:
You mean something like this?

It would be cool to have a module module available to the community though, XooperMod is only usable on worldware.com.

:)

Never knew a thing like (the link posted) existed...lol. But, even so, yes, I would also like to see something like that MADE into a module so that what you get is essentially a Module Module...

I would also like the devs, if they read this (hopes), to send me a tell if they would like to help me (more like if THEY would like help) creating something like this. Not only would this get a few more people 'into' xoops, but then the need for the 'Module Requests' forum would be no more...haha.

Thank you for the link! I will see what I come up with!

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits