aptmusic
Basic Theme/Template Howto? Does one exisit
  • 2005/7/22 11:35

• aptmusic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/21

Hi Guys

I'm a nub to Xoops, but so far loving what I'm seeing. I'm currently mainly a mambo man *runs off for using the M word on XOOPS Forum* but my work are wanting a new site developing and the way the XOOPS works is drawing me into it, in the fact, like you say somewhere, it's not an "off the shelf" site and you have to build in the parts you want. This makes a lot more sense to me and seems to be a lot more controlable for me adding in some custom scripts already running on our ancient static site (wrote by my predecessor).

Anyway, I won't bore you with the rest of that tale (just now anyway) but I'm looking for a howto on creating themes and things. The basic parts you need for a site wide theme and the creation of block themes/templates as well and things so that I can have a go at building up something that resembles what I have in mind for the site.

I'm a Dreamweaver man so if there are any extension kits out there for the various bits of code then I'd love to know about them too. I've had a look round the forum but not really finding much as yet so any help that can be given would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers all!
Andy

McNaz
Re: Basic Theme/Template Howto? Does one exisit
  • 2005/7/22 11:43

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Hi there.

Head on over to theExcellent XOOPS FAQ page for an excellent collection of questions/answers and howtos.

pod
  • 2005/7/22 11:47

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

Hi Andy,

Firstly, welcome to the wonderful world of XOOPS :)

The FAQ here (pointed out above) has a lot of information about getting started with XOOPS theme creation, including a dissection of the default theme, as well as links to other helpful information, including a Flash tutorial.

If you are a fast learner & prefer to learn as you create, you could probably bypass reading all that & start with MyXoopsExtensions, available for Dreamweaver MX as well as Dreamweaver MX 2004.
The MyXoopsExtensions FAQ should contain enough information to help you get started creating your own XOOPS themes today.

Best of luck with your XOOPS!
www.myxoops.com - MyXoops Is Your XOOPS!

aptmusic
  • 2005/7/22 12:06

• aptmusic

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/21

Cheers guys for them. I'll get reading and see what I can come up with. I am a prefer to learn as I create type guy so I'll drag back the extensions and play about. I mean, I've got a bit of time to play with, not a lot, but if I can get something basic sorted and grasp the core parts of it then hopefully the rest should be plain sailing!

Login

Who's Online

120 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 120

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits