ecklesweb
trouble with TinyContent - can't add content
  • 2005/7/20 3:14

• ecklesweb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/20

I'm new to XOOPS and the php-nuke derived CMS's in general. I've installed XOOPS 2.0.13 on a XAMP platform, and I installed TinyContent 1.5. The problem I'm having is that when I click on "Add Content" on the Tiny Content Admin panel, all it does is refresh the page. Same for Add Page Wrap and Edit/Delete content. The Preferences page will load and I can edit it.

Any common reasons why this might be happening? I've turned on PHP Debugging but I'm not getting anything.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jay

riomx
Re: trouble with TinyContent - can't add content
  • 2005/7/20 5:52

• riomx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

I would avoid TinyContent alltogether and recommend that you use the Content module for all HTML pages that you want to create and don't belong in other sections

Information is here:

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=94&lid=1554

And the demo site is here:

http://stage.thehandcoders.com/modules/content/index.php?id=4

It's very easy to use and you won't have to use multiple clones of a TinyContent module to create more sections

All you have to do is use one of the blocks provided by the Content module instead of the XOOPS Main Menu block and edit the order of your sections and submenus

- Joe

ecklesweb
Re: trouble with TinyContent - can't add content
  • 2005/7/20 12:57

• ecklesweb

• Just popping in

I'll give it a try. Thanks for the advice.

ecklesweb
Content doesn't work either - same problem
  • 2005/7/20 22:09

• ecklesweb

• Just popping in

Interestingly, I just installed the Content module and it has the exact same problem that TinyContent does - when I click the "Add Content" link, it just reloads the Content admin page. I have done a chmod -R a+rwx content in my modules directory, so everything on the filesystem should be readable and writable. My modules directory itself is also 777. I've tried logging out and back in. I've also tried stopping and restarting MySQL.

Not sure where else to look for trouble. Any suggestions?

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits