cneise
XoopsProfileHandler::saveField ignores $modversion['profile']['field'][N]['register']
  • 2005/7/15 12:22

• cneise

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/3 2

Hi,

i am not sure if this is really a bug or a feature request.

I'd like to suggest to add the following line to XoopsProfileHandler::saveField (in kernel/profile.php, line 162):

if (isset($vars['register'])) {

$field->setVar('field_register'$vars['register']);
        }

Then you will be able to set

$modversion['profile']['field'][2]['register'] = 1;

in your XoopsVersion.php. This will make your profile option appear on the registration form. Otherwise you would have to configure this option by hand.

bluenova
Re: XoopsProfileHandler::saveField ignores $modversion[profile][field][N][register]

Check out XOOPS 2.2

Mithrandir
Re: XoopsProfileHandler::saveField ignores $modversion[profile][field][N][register]

Sure, we can add that - but why should a module developer decide what I should have on my registration form? Shouldn't I be able to decide such things for myself?

People have screamed in the past years for customisability and flexibility to the extreme - and now they can't be arsed to configure it... go figure (Not @ you, cneise, just reflecting on the impossibility of satisfying anyone, it seems)
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

cneise
  • 2005/7/15 15:35

• cneise

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/3 2

Hmm.

I am designing a module where the info is required if the user is male or female. Without this info the module is not usable.

If the webmaster decides to install my module then the user must enter this info or the module is not usable.

The webmaster may hope the user will find the "Edit Account" Option and fill it out.

I think most likely he will add the gender-selection to the registration form.

With the $modversion['profile']['field'][N]['register'] - Option the module is fully usable after installing - without any configuration.

I am a fan of working default configurations which are customizable.

The webmaster may remove the gender-setting from the registration form or uninstall my module if he does not like this procedere.

These are my reasons for the request.

Of course it is your decision - and i will live with it :)

Best regards,

Christian.

Mithrandir

XOOPS 2.2 is bringing a great deal of new functionality.
The objective of XOOPS 2.4 will be to expand on that and refine where needed. This sounds like an obvious candidate for a bit of refinement.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits