reljicb
How user could chose templateset on-the-fly?
  • 2005/7/8 10:58

• reljicb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/28

Hi guys!

I'm trying to make XOOPS display different theme/templates for different groups of users.

For instance, there are users who are not so skilled in using web, and could find average XOOPS web site too much detailed (too much information there, hard for reading and finding the right information). For such type of users I made simple theme/templateset, only with main information avilable, without details...
However, for advanced users I have full teme/templateset with all inforation that I could offer.
For users with disabilities I have theme with high colors contracts, bigger fonts and templates without details (just main information) etc...
This is basic princip for Content Management (different publishing for different user groups), isn't it?

I need to find the way to offer users to pick theme/templateset they want, and even more to connect that to their profile as default... But first, one step after another... So, just as I can choose theme from theme select block, I need way to select template (on-the-fly).

Any suggestion?
Thanks in advance...

reljicb
Re: How user could chose templateset on-the-fly?
  • 2005/7/11 16:18

• reljicb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/28

1. I've already set "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory" to YES
2. I've created different templates for different themes and put them in %XOOPS_ROOT_PATH%/themes/%MYTHEME1%/templates/%MODULNAME%

In order to change themplates all together with theme, I have to delete previously all files from "templates_c" folder, and then pick theme from theme select block. Then, new templates are genereated by Smarty. But my users will not be able to delete files from "templates_c". That means they can only change theme (theme.html and style.css), but templates still be the old ones.

I know that as admin I could clone default templateset, but still users are not able to change that templateset for their profile...

How can I make this works?

Please, any suggestions...

DarinAllan
Re: How user could chose templateset on-the-fly?

This interests me as well I have 2 themes one is a little more suited to people with poor eyesight and one is a fairly small sized theme eg. text sizes, is it possible for a user or users in a group to select their default theme, my community does have people who have poor eyesight. It would be good if the people who preferred the larger text theme could choose it as default. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry found xt tema well until I am brave enough to upgrade to 2.2 lol.

Login

Who's Online

250 user(s) are online (180 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 250

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits