DavidFeng
moving XOOPS data from one site to the other
  • 2005/7/6 18:27

• DavidFeng

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/6 1

hello,

(in reference to contents on: https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=150 )

a little question: I'm moving the contents of my site from one server to another, including all XOOPS data, MySQL database, etc.

There are a few questions:

1. As the linked page states: Note:Some modules safe certain cache files in a hidden or locked mode, so the FTP application either does not see the file or can not download it. Make sure you test your backup and restore procedure at least once so you do not get surprises when you restore a real backup. .

I have pretty much stuck to using only the modules a basic upload of XOOPS gave me. (News, forums, etc...) Are there any invisible or locked files to worry about? (This was back with XOOPS version 2.0.5, it was uploaded in November 2003.) I'm dragging the whole thing over by FTP (Fetch, Mac OS).

2. The new server has configured a different database name for me, and they say it cannot be changed. Suppose my current database name is database2, and they have set it up so that the new database name is database_db. Do I just need to make a quick fix to mainfile.php?

Thanks for any help.

Mithrandir
Re: moving XOOPS data from one site to the other

1. no
2. yes
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

DavidFeng
  • 2005/7/7 10:36

• DavidFeng

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/6 1

Hi again,
On the same page it says:
Restore your SQL database
In the new site you will need to have access to your mySQL via the "PHPMyAdmin" application again.
Upload the database by opening the "Run SQL query" window. Select the "database backup" zip file and run the query. The database will be created on the new site.
Now you have to create the same MySQL database user as in the old site and give the correct access rights to the user.

I am confused about this: Now you have to create the same MySQL database user as in the old site and give the correct access rights to the user.
1. Is this user already in the users database (MySQL)? (assuming I exported it correctly)
2. If not, how do I go about creating this user? Is it as simple as signing up for a new account on the new site?

Thanks again for any help.

jdseymour

For a little more clarification see this Faq Page or alternately my full Article on the subject.

Login

Who's Online

457 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 457

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits