MIchaelMcA
Partners for developing modules
  • 2005/6/30 15:30

• MIchaelMcA

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/1 1

Hello again,

I’ve just finished a proposal for development of a XOOPs portal for the local charity I work at. The portal will be a website for the general public and for members of the charity, and also act as an intranet and database for staff at the organisation.

Much of the portal will be developed using existing XOOPs modules, but some specific functionality (mostly centred around the internal database) will be ported from an existing PHP and MySQL solution I developed in house, and thus will require a little work.

Pressures of time mean I’m interested in developing modules in partnership with others. A small amount of funding attached to this work, and the results would be happily contributed to the XOOPs project. After a relatively quick search inside and outside the XOOPs site, I couldn’t find any developers offering their services in this way. Which makes me think that perhaps XOOPers don’t work like this. Am I right?

Given the above, how would you suggest I moved forward? Does it sound sensible? Where should I find partners? And what are anyone’s previous experiences?

Many thanks for your insights,
Michael

phppp
Re: Partners for developing modules
  • 2005/6/30 15:36

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Plz contact me and let me know of your proposal if:
1 the work will be released under GPL for XOOPS (most, or with reasonable part)
2 no similar XOOPS module or scripts existing

Login

Who's Online

632 user(s) are online (294 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 632

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits