Tuscany
xlanguage 2.0 - Menu not translated
  • 2005/6/28 11:03

• Tuscany

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/19

Hi!

I installed xlanguage 2 and so far it works fine, but the user- and main menu does not change when selecting another language

Any idea?

Thanks
Tus

phppp
Re: xlanguage 2.0 - Menu not translated
  • 2005/6/28 14:43

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

To enable language switchable for user menu, you should have that language in your language/ folder (They should be set automatically once you have xlanguage installed, your URL?)

For main menu, you need input multi-lang tags in your system=>preferences=>modules="change module name"
For instance, if you have set language code "en" for English, "zh" for Chinese and "fr" for French, then in the module name input box:
[en]My module[/en][fr]moi mod[/fr][zh]我的模块[/zh]

andyz50
  • 2005/7/8 23:43

• andyz50

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/1 6

Well, I got the same problem, but using the tags in module name doesn't seem to help.

I noticed that after I typed module name [en]ModName[/en][zh]ChineseModName[/zh] and proceed to the confirm page, the module name is already decoded based on current language setting. If I enter the tagged module names into database table directly, it works. But once you go to Amdin-> System->Module and save the name even without chage it, the name is decoded again.

A few details
XOOPS is a 'official' Chinese version 2.09
xLanguage ver 2

I have another website with'generic' XOOPS v 2.0, plus a language hack someone posted here a year ago. The same approach is used for module name and it works fine for Chinese and English.

I don't know how much is the difference between Chinese version and the 'generic' version, or if it makes the difference at all, in terms how module names are saved.

Can someone help?

cgibb1014
  • 2005/7/14 16:58

• cgibb1014

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/10

I'm a little confused about this module. When I first tried CMS, I tried phpNuke. It had a language block and if a user picked a different language, all the messages from phpNuke itself were translated into their language. None of the content was translated so I'm not sure how much good it did for a foreign language visitor.

Since I set up XOOPS, more than half of my hits are coming from China. Why? I don't know.

Does xlanguage 2.0 translate the XOOPS messages into Chinese or any other language I choose? Is that it's purpose?

It also sounds like users can write messages (like bulletin board, etc.) in their native tongue. Is that true? How could I moderate posts if I can't understand them?

phppp
  • 2005/7/14 17:50

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

xlanguage is providing you the tool to display multilingual content on your site but does not translate the content for you.

Login

Who's Online

198 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 198

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits