skyrider
Google Adsense in a banner?
  • 2005/6/24 12:47

• skyrider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

Ok... anyone who read this ignore me... I'm an idiot :)

I *found* the banner... right at the bottom of the page... all I need to do *now* is work out how toi get it into the header.... any suggestions please??

(site is Online Dictionary of Playground Slang)
Australian Opinion... where comment counts!
http://www.australianopinion.com

DonXoop
Re: Google Adsense in a banner?

I have no experience with those ads but I think that most people just put the provided code in a custom block and show it like any other block. It would also be easy to manually put the code somewhere in your theme (like the current banner is done). You wouldn't need to use the banner system since the google ads handles the rotation and other banner like duties already. You only need to know where you want to show the ads and put the code in the right place using proper html.
no max no bling. goes double for mik. triple for the insane aliases of said lunatics
===========================
Not around here anymore. Way too many idiots, so sad.

skyrider
  • 2005/6/24 13:11

• skyrider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

Quote:

DonXoop wrote:
I have no experience with those ads but I think that most people just put the provided code in a custom block and show it like any other block. It would also be easy to manually put the code somewhere in your theme (like the current banner is done). You wouldn't need to use the banner system since the google ads handles the rotation and other banner like duties already. You only need to know where you want to show the ads and put the code in the right place using proper html.

Ahh... sorry... I have this vague memory of XOOPS having 'issues' with Javascript so assumed it might be a problem.

btw - I don't expect to make a fortune... on another site I've had 43k impressions... and 'earned' $27 :)
Australian Opinion... where comment counts!
http://www.australianopinion.com

RachelVirago

Quote:

DonXoop wrote:

I just signed up for this and the custom block works great, good idea to write their id no's down then later when you have them layed out you can delete their titles fo a clean layout..

The really impressive thing is the way the google sytem targets ads against content (provided pages are not behind logins, then it's a bit flakey) you can however filter 100 domains.

This is doubly impressive because google crawled the site Months! ago and content is added to daily. After the dedicated adsense crawler comes round it should get even better.

The Javascript works fine in the banner system also, you can opt for text or images or both. The ads are also a mix of pay per click and per impression.

Provided goggle pay up, lol I think they really got this right I made $11.22 at the time of writing (after 3 days) covers the broadband and hosting just about.

There is one issue with the Jscript, links do not open in a new window! there is an apology on their site, say they are working on it and to please not modify the code
Being transgender is NOT a choice.

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits