tedsmith
Seems like GroundHog Day for my Templates_C Folder!
  • 2005/6/23 10:52

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I'm having quite a major problem with my templates_c folder.

Whenever I make a change to the template sets on my Intranet site, the site locks up and no matter what you click on the site doesn't take you there. It just refreshes the same page. I noticed this after installing a module (which would have meant new templates being created). I uninstalled the module but the problem persists.

So I tried deleting all the files in templates_c but problem carried on.

I have a backup of our Intranet site including the cached templates_c files. I copied them back across and the site works! But if I delete them again it fails again. So it's commited to this one set of cached template files. In other words, my site will only work with an old cached copy of the templates. So whenever I try to change any of the modules or install new one's it will go wrong.

What could be causing this? Our server is Windows Server 2003 and I notice that the Read-Only attribute is ALWAYS ticked. If I turn it off (logged in as Administrator), W2003 turns it back on the next time I look at it. Could this be the problem? If not, what else could be the problem? How can I fix this?

There's an article on the Internet at experts-exchange.com about the Read-Only attribute but I haven't got a paid account so I can't look at it. If anyone here does, maybe they could take a look? View it here

Thanks

Ted

jdseymour
Re: Seems like GroundHog Day for my Templates_C Folder!

It seems that anytime I see write problems with Windows Server 2003 it has to do with permissions for the IUSR account. Make sure that this (built in) account has full permissions to the template_c and cache folders.

HTH.

tedsmith
  • 2005/6/23 11:07

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Hi JD

Yeah, I already checked that. They (IIS and IUSR accounts) both have full control of the ENTIRE SITE, not just the folders (we are a small internal -non-Internet-connected network so it doesn't matter). So it can't be that.

tedsmith
  • 2005/6/23 12:57

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Tried the 3 debug error modes, and the only one that returned an arror was the PHP mode. This is the error I get if I flush out the templates_c folder

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If 
you are the administrator of this siteplease visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Smarty error: [in db:system_block_search.html line 4]: syntax errorunrecognized tag$xoops_url}?PHPSESSID=96d04e844ec6518edf1ffeaf0aec65ae>/search.php"><{$block.lang_advsearch (Smarty_Compiler.class.phpline 415in file d:cms.fctclasssmartySmarty.class.php line 1084

Does that help? I am desperate!

Mithrandir

You have a syntax error in line 4 of system_block_search.html

My guess is that it says <{$xoops_url} with a missing >

tedsmith
  • 2005/6/23 13:21

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Yo Mith...

That template files says the following :

<form style="margin-top: 0px;" action="<{$xoops_url}><input type="hidden" name="PHPSESSID" value="96d04e844ec6518edf1ffeaf0aec65ae" />/search.php" method="get">
  <
input type="text" name="query" size="14" /><input type="hidden" name="action" value="results" /><br /><input type="submit" value="<{$block.lang_search}>" />
</
form>
<
a href="<{$xoops_url}?PHPSESSID=96d04e844ec6518edf1ffeaf0aec65ae>/search.php"><{$block.lang_advsearch}></a>

It doesn't look like a > is missing, but I am not good with this stuff! Should a > go before the ?PHPSESSION...

Can you help any further?

Mithrandir

yes it does.

And why on Earth are you putting a session ID in the template?

tedsmith
  • 2005/6/23 13:31

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I didn't...it was just there. I don't know how it got there, or what it means. I just cloned the default set a while ago and created a new template clone.

I looked at the default template set and it is the same. What should I do? I'm totally confused now.

Are you able to point out to me where I've gone wrong here? You say it does look like a > is missing. I assume before the ?PHPSESSION. How do I correct that line?

Thanks Mith - I know I'm idiot! I bow down to your skills!

Mithrandir

Quote:
I assume before the ?PHPSESSION. How do I correct that line?

*confused*
By modifying the template, naturally. And yes, it is before the (unnecessary) ?PHPSESSID

tedsmith
  • 2005/6/23 14:06

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

So you're saying I change :

<form style="margin-top: 0px;" action="<{$xoops_url}><input type="hidden" name="PHPSESSID" value="96d04e844ec6518edf1ffeaf0aec65ae" />/search.php" method="get">

to

[<form style="margin-top: 0px;" action="<{$xoops_url}><input type="hidden" name="" value="" />/search.php" method="get">

and

<a href="<{$xoops_url}?PHPSESSID=96d04e844ec6518edf1ffeaf0aec65ae>/search.php"><{$block.lang_advsearch}></a>

to

<a href="<{$xoops_url}>/search.php"><{$block.lang_advsearch}></a>

I realise I have to modify the template but it's the syntax I am unsure about. Sorry.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits